WooCommerce

So here is the result of my contact to the WooCommerce Germanized support.

The error that occurs seems to be because of WooCommerce:

It seems there is an issue with the global WC_Product Object here. Germanized uses the global $product instance in its templates (similar to Woo). The error occurs because the global instance seems to be a string (possibly the product’s slug) in this case.

The fix might be on it’s way because if you install this plugin: WooCommerce Blocks – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org the error should be resolved (I did not check this – reason below).

If you delete the Block “Product Meta” that comes by default with the Single Product Template the error also disappears. What’s left is the additional price information that Germanized adds is placed on the very top of the page. This should also be fixed with the plugin (mentioned above) or with a future version of WooCommerce.
I just disabled all injections from Germanized on my product page here:
Germanized > Preisauszeichnung > Produktseite
because all these data can be displayed by using the shortcodes provided by Germanized: Preisauszeichnungen anpassen

So at least regarding the Product Page there is nothing to worry about. I did not yet check the Cart page and the Checkout or the Account page though.

Again thank you @Louis for looking into this and your willingness to fix it!! But Cwicly does not seem to cause the problem here :+1: :slight_smile:

Hello @Jonas,

Thank you for checking into this and letting us know here, really appreciate it.

We definitely have encountered the issue with $product being a string ourselves quite a few times, although this was never confirmed to us by WooCommerce, we have had to find workarounds.
Interesting to know this might be fixed in the coming WooCommerce updates.

Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you do encounter an issue specific to Cwicly, we’ll do our best to get it sorted.

Thanks once again, Jonas.

Cheers,

1 Like

Anyone (e.g. @Jonas ) ever tried the direct competitor to WC germanized, named German Market from marketpress? I switched years ago from wc germanized to german market, as I experienced it as a better solution. I am still waiting Cwicly to fully encompass Woocommerce as FSE solution, before mirgrating my shop site to it including German Market as a necessary enhancement to woocommerce for shops from germany

I am thinking of buying Cwicly. I really like the concept. If the Woo integration were to happen, it would be very compelling. When expected?

I don’t remember exactly why we chose Germanized over German Market (probably it was something with how invoices were handled) but I have to say that I’m very happy with Germanized and there is nothing that I’m missing.

Hi @Louis and @Araminta,

now that components are here, is there a chance you could give us an estimate when we can expect improvements with WooComerce?

5 Likes

any update for woocommerce integration? :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Hi @Louis and @Araminta,

I really appreciate your work and the progress in the last months. Especially the grid builder and the new color management are awesome!
The reason I ask again for an update on the WooCommerce integration is that I need to rebuild a shop in the next weeks. I would love to do this with Cwicly but I would need some information about your schedule regarding the development of the integration.

Is there any chance you could give some information as vague as it might be?

Hi @Louis!
We are lived another more than one year but the woocommerce integration second statement only planned too yet. We are waiting and waiting but nothing. Could you give any information what is in your head? Do we have to another solution than cwicly or it is a realised time to make a new step for better wc integration?

Thanks your transparent and correct answer!

Best regards, a cwicly fun!
Patrik

Hi @Jonas & @malaga,

While there may be more Cwicly integration features forthcoming, I just want to let you know that we now have multiple Cwicly sites that are using WooCommerce and there are no major issues with it.

I am also curious what is to come within Cwicly, I just want to let you know that it is possible to do right now without any additional Cwicly features.

There are considerations using FSE with WooCommerce, especially if you are using 3rd party plugins or custom code, because depending on how you do it, it may not be compatible with those, but that is not exclusively a Cwicly issue, that is true of any site using FSE and WooCommerce.

2 Likes

Hi @StrangeTech,

good to hear that there are already some Cwicly WooCommerce projects around that work fine! I experimented a while ago with Cwicly and WooCommerce but decided I would like to wait for the Integration to be complete because building the Shop to realize that for some reason there is something not working was too much of a risk for me.

I will consider to give Cwicly another try and maybe I will go through with it.

But yeah, a bit more information about the plans regarding WooCommerce would be very helpful. Also the fact that there is no response for months about this lets me be more sceptic about it than optimistic^^

WooCommerce’s integration is working, but some solutions’ implementation is a bit tricky. You must follow documentation very carefully to succeed, because these parts of Cwicly are not so intuitive like the other. If you’ll find a limitation, just drop a feature request with a situation explanation. I have done it a few times while building WooCommerce site and @Luis has implemented the requested features.

do u know any “wishlist” and “quick view” woocommerce plugin can work with cwicly😫

i try many plugin, but shortcode don’t work

If you use the legacy WooCommerce templates (i.e. the WooCommerce shortcodes within the FSE templates), then most plugins should work. If you use the block WooCommerce templates or Cwiclified WooCommerce templates, many plugins may not work by default and will require additional integration steps.

Obviously there are some structural and layout limitations with the legacy templates, that said, you can still style the legacy templates in Cwicly using relative styles.

As I mentioned before, this is not a Cwicly specific consideration, this applies to using WooCommerce with FSE in general, Cwicly provides helpful methods of achieving the goal regardless of which option you choose.

Hi I am just setting up woo, I see we are half way through the woo integration! I am looking forward to the completion of this module, and I think it is a smart use of your time. I am also looking forward to seeing the Cwicly Magic happen on Woo, and what I am sure will be a streamlined workflow.

I am looking for the workaround or temporary solution for styling the account page or adding those items to another dashboard page. I will read through the string to see what i can find. Since my store is really simple, Iam just selling memebrship subscriptions, I would like to leave the blocks settings and work round issues.

Right now, my only issue is styling the account page and or how do i get the elements to add to another page without shortcodes or blocks? Shwould i grab the urls of teach modeul and create a visual dashboard and link them to the modules? But not sure about the final pages still and how those will be styled? What are others doing about the account page who have opted to stick with the block building cwicly setup. @StrangeTech

Also, I am playing around with WP Turbo. Very interesting will post findings here for workarounds and solutions.

As we know some of these features are planned to be included in Cwicly, in the meantime we are using “legacy” methods to add additional subpages to, and style the account page. This basically involves custom PHP code and is not Cwicly specific. I know there are also plugins that may these features although many of them are paid or include different unrelated functions, so we opted to keep things within our control.

We decided to switch to Bricks Builder because of WooCommerce. Cwicly is to much oriented on “nice to have” rather than “must to have” things. E.g. Cwicly is not supporting core functions and integrations, but is spending few months on “nice to have” Tailwind development. Sorry @Araminta and @Louis, but scalability of the company depends a lot on votes in “Feature Requests”. Tailwind integration is nice, but it doesn’t adds so much value as e.g. form builder would add.

2 Likes

I have to partially disagree with you, @Audrius. While the WooCommerce integration is critical for us and the websites we handle, the Tailwind implementation is equally as important.

From an admin user experience perspective, designing and styling the templates is much better and easier, while at the same time allowing you to port Tailwind styles from other websites you might have.

We were going to go with Bricks, but after the poor Elementor Pro experience, we decided to stick to Cwicly and wait for the time being until WooCommerce gets fully implemented. Having the FSE experience throughout pages and blog posts is much more beneficial to us than having a split experience with another page builder.

Having said that, if the WooCommerce integration doesn’t get prioritized and completed soon, a lot of people are going to take your approach and move to another page builder.

Unfortunately that is what I did. I dived into Bricks as it is much better implemented. So sad. Cwicly is very good and I was very excited with learning to use Cwicly. The lack of learning ressources achieved me to take the decision.

Tailwind improves the speed of the development (if you already know Tailwind), but is not bringing functionality for the frontend and website visitor. So many time have passed, but Cwicly still has no implementation for the website search. It’s a must, and I do not get logic of the Cwicly founders here why Tailwind, but not the Search function or Woo?