WooCommerce

Hey @louis,

Any chance to leverage the Variations lookup table in the filter block so we can filter by available variations rather than by attributes? This is the only thing blocking me from migrating to Cwicly.

More info:

I would love some feedback on this matter, even if it’s only a wontfix.

:pray:

1 Like

Hi @zeinnicholas,

Wow, thank you for bringing this up again.
We had somehow lost site of this extremely important point.

I’ll take a look in the coming days and give you a few more details on a possible ETA.

Cheers,

2 Likes

You guys rock @Louis! :muscle:

Let me know if you need any more relevant info. There are some paind plugins that use their own methods to handle variable products like FacetWP, Filter Everything Pro, Search&Filter Pro, and the built-in WC Layers widget.

Parhaps this would help figuring out the best way to implement this with the Cwicly filter block, although their solution are more resource intensive which would probably mean a not as good as an experience with your front-end rendering engine. Hopefully you can find a solution that ties up everything. :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for taking the time to check on this! :pray:

Hello Louis,

Thank you for all of the excellent work on the WooCommerce features so far.

We have a project due to be delivered at the end of June that requires a lot of WooCommerce customisation.

Ideally we want to use Cwicly and blocks as much as possible for the WooCommerce pages and we are aware of the current limitations of the existing (non-Cwicly) WooCommerce blocks.

The features that are highest priority are:

1. Customise the checkout fields (e.g. disable/enable address fields for orders containing specific products). We are currently using Flexible Checkout Fields Pro - which does not work with the WooCommerce blocks, so will need to either be able to configure these directly or to be able to apply filters to the Cwicly blocks.
  2. Integrate seamlessly with currency selection (e.g. WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency) and other location specific plugins (enable/disable product per region)
  3. Display a featured video on the products page
  4. Display custom terms and conditions per product when checking out.

We appreciate that some of these may not fall directly within the scope of the work Cwicly is doing, we just want to ensure that where possible there are integrations/hook/filters available that enable these to be possible, so we can use the Cwicly blocks when they are ready.

Please can you provide clarity on the above points and an update with regards your roadmap for the WooCommerce features, so we can plan accordingly.

Thank you.

I really like how you approach the WooCommerce integration!

For me what comes to mind first is compatibility with Germanized for WooCommerce:

This is essential for shops in Germany to be compliant with German law.

Same for ‘German market’ by marketpress

Just following up on this.

Please can you let us know which features will be supported in the Cwicly WooCommerce blocks and a rough estimate of when you are planning to release them, so we can plan our development.

4 Likes

@Louis, we would be really grateful for you input on this.

2 Likes

Hi @Louis, as our project is reaching a critical point, we need to start planning the WooCommerce elements.

I know you are busy, if you can spare a few minutes just to shed some light on the planned features and timings, that will be immensely helpful.

There is no pressure and we know the WooCommerce features will come in their own time, we just need to know whether to plan to use them for this project or not, so whatever information you can share will help us make the right decision.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Louis ,

also interested to have some kind of timeline for the woocommerce elements.

THX!

Jonas

Hey there @Louis and other followers on this WooCommerce thread :wave:
Was just about to buy cwicly to:

1. rebuild an old woo site
  2. build a new woo site
    … and, would be the first site build for a couple of years not using elementor, as I believe the direction cwicly is taking is the right future for WP and site-building.

BUT … with this base promised functionality having been outstanding for so long, I am now having my trust challenged as to the changeover to using cwicly.

Wonder if we could get an update, as working seamlessly with woo is pretty high on the requirements I have for these a few upcoming projects.

Thanks, Max :pray:

1 Like

Hi.

While I have confidence in the project and the capabilities of the entire team, for an ecommerce project that needs to go online TODAY, i don’t choose Cwicly.
Unless you have time to experiment and explore an unknown path.
A well-structured project with heavy investment (which every ecommerce project should be… ) needs well-defined roadmaps and stability of use and development.

To date, I am sorry to say, but WooCommerce does not seem to be a priority for Cwicly at all.
And that’s understandable, of course. There are choices in life and it is better to do a few things well than to do many things without having time to develop them perfectly.
Just communicate this and update us on the subject (so that we Cwicly users can make a good decision on which path to take).
Since the release of 1.2.9 it has been almost 4 months and if I am not mistaken no update on this or little.

Louis’ last posting in this thread was on January 11, 2023.
It is a shame sincerely, given the huge potential of the project. It would only take a few minutes to clarify at least this aspect.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’m sorry I haven’t been present on this thread lately, but WooCommerce development is hard to predict as they are themselves constantly reviewing a lot of the basic foundations of their blocks and checkout processes etc…

We definitely have the WooCommerce integration on our priority list, and have quite a few users currently using it to provide a fully customised experienced to their clients with product filtering and fully customised and dynamic mini-cart.

The Cwicly Nav block (mega menu) will soon be released and plays an important place in this integration. While developing it, we noticed that although we wanted/need to offer a lot of freedom in our blocks, putting some restrictions in place would also help Cwicly users produce more efficiently and increase creativity.

I do recommend, if not already, you take a look at the native WooCommerce blocks for the checkout parts. There are some impressive features already included in there.

A few more features need to make their way in Cwicly before we focus on the account portion of WooCommerce (which encompasses forms in a different way).

We are increasingly happy with how frontend rendering is performing for our queries and mini-cart, and expect to extend their use in these specific areas (accounts, checkouts) as they bring that dynamic freedom that is so necessary in 2023.

Thanks for your trust and patience with Cwicly. The team and I know how lucky we are to have you as a community!

13 Likes

Hi Louis, thanks for the reply on the WooCommerce integration.
From your response, would it be right to say we can use ANY wp-native/gutneberg block and function directly in the pages and template parts built with cwicly … and essentially it should just work.

Essentially, I am looking to move from elementor, which doing the above would be nigh on impossible to have working properly.
→ if able to do this in cwicly, then so many of my headaches would be solved already
(even before any extra cwicly integration)

Thanks Louis,

I am on the verge of building a WC website for a client. And wondering what page builder I should use. Do I understand correctly that the current state of WC implementation covers most important stuff (single products/query’s/filters/crosssell items) and I can go about using & learning this? and/or do you expect to come with a huge change the way Cwicly works with WC and I better await that? Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Louis,

do you have any news about compatibility with WooCommerce Germanized?

I was thinking about rebuilding my shop with Cwicly but unfortunately it does not currently work with Germanized.

1 Like

Hello @Jonas,

Thanks for bringing this up.
We have set aside some time to look at WPML and the issue you mentioned over the weekend if all goes to plan.
I will get back to you on this thread when we have looked at it specifically.

Cheers,

1 Like

Hello @Jonas,

I’m reviewing WooCommerce Germanized at the moment.
Can you confirm that this is not an issue with WooCommerce Germanized, which would require their direct input instead of ours?
Or is there something specific to Cwicly that is preventing it from working?

In my testings, it seems that it is not compatible with FSE themes, whether having Cwicly activated or not.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Hi @Louis,

thanks for getting back on this.
You are right, it does not seem to work with other FSE themes. Sorry for not checking this before bringing this up.

I will ask the support of WooCommerce Germanized for their plans regarding FSE themes.

Thank you very much for your efforts!

1 Like

The compatibility of WooCommerce Germanized with FSE and WooCommerce Blocks seems to be an ongoing project:

Some of these issues are just reflective of the current state of WooCommerce as many features of the blocks and FSE support are still evolving and everyone is playing catch up, especially plugin developers.

1 Like