Wocommerce Default Template Issue

Hi. After updating woocommerce plugin to latest version, using default woocommerce template will show blank page. If we handle using cwicly template it was ok. But if we handle the template using default woocommerce it will show blank page. Please fix this.

Hi @kris,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing trouble with this.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to reproduce this error on my end.

Could you possibly reach out to us at support@cwicly.com and provide us with a temporary access?
This way we might be able to take a closer look.

If yes, to keep things secure and private, kindly send the details using: https://paste.cwicly.com/

Thank you in advance.

Hi @kris @Araminta, we have been able to reproduce this on a site.

@kris, how did you handle this?

We have found the only workaround is to create a custom template (e.g. Shop) and specify the visibility conditions to show for the Shop page (with a high priority).

Setting visibility conditions to display for Archive > Products > All does not work regardless of other settings and the default WooCommerce template “Product Catalog” displays blank regardless of any visibility conditions.

Hi @StrangeTech,

Sorry to hear you’re also experiencing trouble with the default WooCommerce template displaying blank on the frontend.

Could you possibly share reproduction steps?
I ask, as I have been unsuccessful in reproducing this error on my end.

To investigate further, I have set up a demo instance.
Please log in with this, and see the Product Catalog template and Shop page.

Feel free to play around and modify anything, to see if the error is reproducible.

Thank you in advance.

We have no idea how to reproduce this either.

I am guessing it is site specific but we don’t know what factor is influencing it yet unfortunately.

1 Like

Hi @Araminta,

We have isolated the cause of this issue.

Applying any visibility conditions to the default WooCommerce templates causes them to appear blank.

As a secondary factor, for anyone that is interested, using Permalink Manager Pro to change the WooCommerce related URLs also causes the templates to break.

Fortunately, both removing any visibility conditions and using WooCommerce’s built-in permalink editing gives us the result we need, so everything is working as expected now.

1 Like

Thank you for digging deeper on this, @StrangeTech.

Is this the same case for you @kris?

We don’t advise setting visibility conditions on default WooCommerce templates, as we cannot manage or ensure the correct application of visibility conditions.

In this case, I would suggest creating a custom template to which you can apply the necessary visibility conditions.

Thank you for confirming this @Araminta.

We obviously took the scenic route to get to this understanding as we usually use Visibility Conditions as standard practice to ensure priorities and overrides are honoured consistently, but as long as it works, that is the important thing.

We had done this initially after the issue first occurred but using the default templates leads to a less cluttered Themer.

Also, as custom templates appear in the page/post template selector, we prefer to only use them if we intend to allow them to be chosen there by the editor/client.

yes i have this issue before but i already forgot what I did to fix this. My template is ok now using custom template of cwicly.

@Araminta, I believe this may have been fixed in Cwicly 1.4.0.1:

Thanks!