Fatal errors on updating to 14.0.2

Hi

I got the following fatal errors after updating cwicly this morning:

[11-Feb-2024 09:34:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /Users/andre/Documents/00_sites/45eis/wp-admin/update-core.php:520

[11-Feb-2024 09:38:05 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘Cwicly\ACF’ not found in /Users/andre/Documents/00_sites/45eis/wp-content/plugins/cwicly/core/includes/dynamic/render.php:1136

I can access the backend and I can for example see my templates under Themer, but they are all empty.

*** Update : ) ***
If I disable my ACF Pro Plugin in the Plugins folder everything works again…

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.4.3
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.4.0.2

What changed lastly in the code?

Until now I was using ACF PRO without any problem. I did a general update last week-end and had a “critic error” on most of my sites. After checking, I thought it was due to ACF PRO, but, today, I had more time and I tested plugin after plugin on a small installation for seeing if it was not an incompatibility with another plugin. And I found Cwicly.

I tested in local on a fresh instal and everything worked well.

So, I passed “debug” on true for one online site and had the following fatal error:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Class “Cwicly\ACF” not found in /home/shadows/noir-et-blanc.photos/wp-content/plugins/cwicly/core/includes/dynamic/render.php:1136

Now, I changed the debug to false and ACF is deactivated

Please check this thread in case it applies to your issue:

Depending on whether you are using the bundled Cwicly ACF Pro version or a separate instance of the plugin may determine the solution if this does apply to you.

Hi @rotor and @Ombres-et-lumieres,

Thank you both for bringing this to our attention!

I can confirm that this is a bug, which we will address in the next update.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Thank you for your understanding.

@Ombres-et-lumieres, for the time being kindly try disabling the ACF Pro plugin in the plugins folder.

I just want to add when addressing this bug - that I am also receiving this “Uncaught Error: Class “Cwicly\ACF” not found” on my site - and deactivating the ACF Pro plugin does resolve the issue. However, my ACF Blocks no longer work when ACF Pro is deactivated.

When addressing this bug and testing - can the team make sure that ACF Blocks work again as part of the resolution?

You can potentially do it the other way around. If you have an ACF Pro license and have that installed on your site, you can disable the bundled ACF Pro in Cwicly setting the CWICLY_ACF constant to false as mentioned by Louis:

Thanks. I was mistaken. I was using ACF Extended for ACF Blocks and did not realize I could have this plugin activated without my ACF Pro Plugin. I tried activating only that plugin and it now works with the Cwicly bundled version (and my ACF blocks appear and I do not get the Uncaught Error).

Regarding your comment about the CWICLY_ACF constant being set to FALSE - I did see this thread this morning and never could get this to resolve the error I was receiving for the “Uncaught Error: Class “Cwicly\ACF” not found”. Tried quite a few times and never worked for me.

I deactivated ACF Pro, but I have a question:

users can continue to benefit from the ACF Pro bundling that comes with Cwicly

Is it ACF Pro or free? Since the beginning, I thought it was the free version that was included.

I have, since years, an unlimited lifetime pro version.

The version of ACF that is included with Cwicly was the full pro version that will continue to be supported and updated by Cwicly.

Hi @rotor and @Ombres-et-lumieres,

This should now be fixed with 1.4.0.3:

Kindly let me know if this is the case on your end.

Thank you in advance.

it works on the site I updated.

I will do it for the others during the week-end.

Thanks

1 Like

@hopscotch

I really thought it was the free version, not the pro one, as it is not in the usual uses.

And I never control which version Cwicly use, because I have the pro version since years