A few new Cwicly users report issues with their styles not being properly loaded on the backend, more specifically in the site editor (commonly, the Menu block appears in bullet points in the editor).
Why this happens: Related to how Gutenberg makes HTTP requests, that have to be compliant. Usually due to SSL or HTTP authentication issues.
Fix SSL issue: Follow these steps:
- In the WordPress admin dashboard, go to Settings > General.
- In the “WordPress Address (URL)” and “Site Address (URL)” fields, verify that the URLs use “https” instead of “http”.
- If the URLs use “http” instead of “https”, update the URLs and save your changes.
- Open your website in a web browser and verify that the URL in the address bar begins with “https”.
- If the URL does not begin with “https”, try clearing your browser cache and cookies, or try accessing the website from a different web browser.
Fix HTTP issue:
- Add your server IP to the authentication whitelist
- Try disabling the authentication to see if it resolves the issue.