Visibility Condition Based on Filter Selection

Hi Cwicly Team,

Thanks again for all your hard work and support!

I am opening this thread to suggest a feature: visibility condition based on filter selection

For example, I’d like the text “Filters Applied:” to only show up when there is a filter selected, else it would be blank

Hi @mpm,

Assuming your filters are using url parameters, you can currently achieve using url parameter visibility conditions:

Thanks @StrangeTech! I’ve seen your posts on other parts of these forums so I am very appreciative of you and your expertise.

I apologize in advance but I am quite green at web dev and cwicly –

which part of the URL is the “filter-key” and which part is the “binary-filter-key”?

test

Happy to help :smiley: The larger and more resourced the Cwicly community becomes, the better Cwicly becomes. And the better Cwicly becomes, the more we can all accomplish with it. It is a Win-Win-Win!

All url parameters come after the “?” and are key value pairs in the form of “key=value”. When there are multiple parameters, each key value pair is separated by an “&” (ampersand).

So in the case of your example the key is “search” and the value is “pork”.

Thanks again for your help @StrangeTech

I implemented your visibility condition and while it does work, it requires me to refresh my page before the visibility condition “activates”,

i.e.

I am only using the URL Parameter Filter on “search”. When I type in a search term, the dynamic Filter Selection will appear (the grey “Dyn: Filter Selection” block), but the “Filters Applied” text will not appear. If I then press F5 to refresh the page, the url will remain the same, and thus the “Filters Applied” text now shows.

Not sure if there is a way to dynamically update the page to show the text without needing to refresh, but regardless, this was a good learning experience.

thanks again!

Strange, it sounds like the visibility conditions are not updating dynamically.

Upon further inspection, I think @Louis alluded to this limitation in the original feature request:

@Louis, just checking when the final part of the integration is planned for. Thanks!