The Js and Css files combines and minify plugins work with plugins

Perfmatters is great and I is my #1 optimization recommendation beside solid hosting.

The main feature, the Script Manager, only makes sense if plugins are used which loads their stuff globally. Cwicly loads only what’s needed.

Still, it’s a nice solution to disable things (mainly default WordPress bloat) quickly inside a nice interface and without the necessity to mess with (tiny) custom code snippets.

Maybe Cwicly has some plans to extend the optimization area inside the back-end settings, who knows. WP itself adds so much useless stuff…
How can it be the case, that it isn’t possible to manage these by WP settings? So bad, imo.

@AnthonyKeller how would it make sense, as one of the most optimized tools, to collab with an optimization tool? :face_with_peeking_eye:

I get your point, since the Perfmatters solution isn’t directly related to Cwicly stuff itself, but it just would bring in a wrong and potentially harming context.

There was already a discussion about that topic, maybe worth checking to explore more opinions @qiang814k.

While in terms of the combining files option, this might be true, they generally offer more options and settings which still can be quite useful and offer real value.
So your conclusion is wrong.

1 Like