The future of Cwicly

Thanks to everyone for their positive responses, much appreciated. I’ll be going into more detail in the coming weeks on what this new chapter for Cwicly will bring.

This is not true. The discourse was closed for a week or so, and our support team was available all throughout this period, keeping communication open at any moment for our users.

Please feel free to open a new thread if you want to continue this conversation, as I believe the focus has shifted from the original subject at hand.

Thanks for your post, @marc.

I understand there are uncertainties that need to be resolved for our users to make informed decisions.

We will no longer generate revenue from selling Cwicly licenses. Instead, transitioning to a free or open-source model will enable us to adopt a new revenue strategy.

Maintenance, patches and support are already funded for the next few years.

As for new features and improvements, the success of this transition will determine our ability to develop them. It would be misleading to claim a 100% guarantee, as multiple factors are involved. This uncertainty may influence your decision to build with Cwicly in the future, but I prefer being transparent here.

The next few months should provide a clear indication of this transformation.

Hello @antonijo01,

The focus for the next few months will be addressing the main bugs that are still apparent in Cwicly. We’ll also be reviewing the onboarding process as well as reviewing the design library content. Tailwind and components will also be the main focus during this time.

11 Likes