TailwindCSS - HTML to Blocks feature

On my installation I don’t see how to activate the HTML to Blocks options.

This is my options:

• WordPress version: 6.4.3
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.4
2 Likes

Hi @antonijo01,

It is appearing correctly when editing pages, but not when editing templates:

Menu when editing a page

@Louis, this is consistent for all templates (single or archive) and whether or not force iframe setting is enabled in the Cwicly Role Manager.

1 Like

Hello @antonijo01,

Thanks for the report.

I can confirm that the toggle to enable the HTML to blocks feature is not currently available in the Site Editor as @StrangeTech confirmed.

This will be addressed in the next update.

Cheers,

Hey @Louis, is this also affecting how Tailwind is loaded when editing templates?

For example if I’m editing a template or parts like header or footer, it seems that the pasted Blocks have the correct classes, but the styles are not added.
At the moment Tailwind Components only look styled in the page editing mode when I’m pasting them.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hello @chrisNun,

No this shouldn’t affect Tailwind being loaded as what is missing is the toggle only.
Are you not able to have any copy/paste Tailwind design styled when in the site editor? After a reload? Do the classes appear in the Tailwind blue colour in the class list?

Thanks in advance.

Ok I now tried it again and the styles are loaded correct.
Yes the tailwind classes were added as “blue” classes.
Gonna watch this

@Louis thanks for your fast response. The update is really a milestone. Good decision to go with Tailwind, even though there are a few people that don’t like it.

I have one question concerning pasted SVG’s since they are always added as Icons. When I change them to inline, the code isn’t there anymore. Am I missing something? I already activated Inline SVG and also upload SVG, but the SVG-Elements from for example Tailwind UI are always Icon SVG Blocks.

Would be great to have the option, to choose the default setting, so pasted SVG’s will not be removed.
At the moment the pasted Layout is full of smiley icons :rofl:

1 Like

Hello @chrisNun,

Glad it is working! Please don’t hesitate to let me know if this happens again (checking the console for errors would be great).

Even though we do sanitise SVGs, we made the decision to not import SVGs that are part of the copy/pasting process.

When you inline/import an SVG, you are fully aware of the code you have copied and where it originates from.
When you copy/paste an HTML snippet, you don’t have the same direct knowledge of the multitude of SVGs that might be part of the design, which could be a security risk in itself.
I’m happy to review the current process (maybe with an explicit option for users who are fully aware) if the community believes this useful.

Cheers,

@Louis sure I will have a look, if this error occurs again.

I understand that. So I think the sanitizing also removes any script tags within the svg?
Pasting them as a code block would also lead to possible injections?

I would really appreciate a possibility to make this svg paste possible.
Maybe just a hook or filter to deactivate this functionality.

Would it be possible at this point to deactivate it by code? :slight_smile:

Hi @antonijo01,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

This should now be fixed with 1.4.0.1:

Kindly let me know if this is the case on your end.

Thank you in advance.

@Araminta Confirming this works as expected for us now.

1 Like