Quick inserter cannot be disabled for non-admin users

Cwicly Plugin version: 1.3.1

Hi,

When logged-in with editor role, Quick inserter cannot be disabled.

Hi @yankiara,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

This isn’t a bug per say, as since 1.3 the Cloud Design Library, Components library and Navigator were moved to the Quick Inserter making it a feature that cannot be disabled.

I’ll mark this as a confirmed bug, as the option to disable the Quick Inserter should no longer be available.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry but it is not a valid solution.

If admin adds blocks to Quick inserter list, I don’t want editors/authors to see/access them.
It is all the more important when Cwicly blocks are disabled for a given user role.

So, if the Quick inserter cannot be removed at all, at least the disabled blocks for a given user role should be hidden/removed from the list.

Hi,

This has already been marked as a bug and will be fixed accordingly as mentioned by @Araminta.

Best regards,
Johnny

I was just saying that the solution provided by Araminta was not enough.

Disabled blocks have to be removed from Quick inserter list, since we can’t hide the whole list.

I have to back @yankiara’s thoughts here.

While I understand that the Quick Inserter is now a fixed element of the UI, it requires a more granular control of the individual elements through the Role Editor.

Edit:

Just discovered that this is already planned :+1:

So this would be the last piece, I guess.

is the smarter approach than

in my opinion.

Once again, thank you for bringing this to our attention @yankiara!

With 1.3.2, the Role Editor → Quick Inserter toggle takes effect for admin and non-admin users.
Kindly let me know if this is the case on your end.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,
It seems to be fixed, thank you so much!

1 Like

But the Cwicly blocks still appear in the quick inserter for editor although they are all deactivated.

It looks like first time editor logs in, his quick inserter bar inherits from admin’s, and all Cwicly blocks selected by admin appear in the toolbar.

Besides, it is still possible for editor to add Cwicly blocks although he is not allowed to use them.