As I have been playing around some more to solve my custom post type filtering via cutom taxonomy, I discovered some things that seem to me to be issues.
In order to investigate them outside of my current problem (which could come from reasons independent to Cwicly) I started a regular WP post with a simple query post block with a taxonomy query using WP category and the WP Url parameter terms.
Then I added a Button Single filter, using dynamic WP taxonomy as a source. In this filter, I added a paragraph with dynamic values filter/filter/Name.
Everything works, so Query ID and targets are well set.
Whatever field I would ask the taxonomy filter to use, it will pass the taxonomy slug to the URL.
So if in the Taxonomy Query I ask to use the filed Term_id and do the same in the taxonomy filter, I get no result when clicking the filters as they are passing the slug through the URL.
The new Query, using the the taxonomy term_id works as I can get the correct results by manually enter the term_id in the url.
What seems to be even more problematic is, if in the paragraph nested in the filter block, I change the dynamic value source/filter/filter to term_id, it shows in the backend and disappears in the frontend.
It seems that any filter field other than Name creates that same issue.
In your video tutorial about filtering you say to use slug in the taxonomy query. In the case I am working on, using custom post types and custom taxonomy, in effort to try to find the none responsive page issue while filtering, I started playing with the query using static values rather than dynamic ones.
I would not been able to query one specific taxonomy using the slug, but only using the term_id or term_taxonomy_id. That is how I discovered that issue, as this would fix the problem of the unresponsive page, but I was not able to use Cwicly filters in that case but was able to use manual url to get the filtered results.
Using slugs for filtering, while being handy on the URL side, can cause problems as they can be updated on the back end, which would break all the filtering in place, which wouldn’t happen if using the term_id.
I hope this is the path to solve the problem that have been keeping me stuck for quite a few days now…
Thank you in advance!