License checker improvement

We have just released 1.2.2 that should address issues with the license checker.

We would appreciate having your feedback on the experience and if you have any trouble, please let us know here or at support@cwicly.com.

Thanks!

Hi @Louis

For your information, I will still see this sometimes.

Anyway, refreshing the page will do the job.

Hi @jornes,

I’m really sorry to hear this, sorry for the inconvenience.
Might I ask if this is happening on a daily basis or more sporadically?

It happens more sporadically. @Louis

It’s happening for me on a daily basis. I leave my Cwicly site editor open in my browser tabs, and my browser is set to re-open the existing tabs upon re-opening the browser. So when I shut down my computer for the night, and then turn it back on again and re-open my browser the next day (12+ hours later), this licensing message appears in the editor.

Refreshing the page resolves the problem. So it’s not a big deal.

Hey @Louis I’m facing also the “unable to verify this license” problem!

I have two users on my site. The first, admin, user is working fine, but for some reason I always get that error on a second User with “Editor” permissions!

It happens very regularly, seems like almost on every change. The annoying thing is, that this is the user of my customer. If it was my user it would be ok to refresh the page, but I can’t ask the customer to refresh the page whenever the error occurs! :frowning:

Yes. I’m still see this regularly with the latest version.

I’ve digged a bit deeper and found out that there get some WP rest API routes called which return 403 for user role other than admin. So I guess there’s the problem… I’ve sent a detail information to the support via mail!

Cheers

2 Likes

Hey there @Wolfgang,

Really appreciate your detailed look into this, and am really sorry for the inconvenience.

As soon as you mentioned user role in your post above, it reminded me that Gutenberg doesn’t allow access to option entities although we have opened them to the REST API.
Our next update comes with a fix for this.

Thanks once again!

Hey @Louis ,

thanks for your fast reply. It’s no Problem at all since this is my first site with cwicly and it isn’t live yet. So I was able to assign the administrator User Role to that user and with the very powerful and flexible Role Editor Cwicly ships it was also possible not to overwhelm that specific user.

So again I have to give a very big compliment to cwicly. The Role Editor is exactly what I expect from such a software since I want to use Wordpress really only as a CONTENT Management System and not as a “Customer can crash all my stuff”-system! And that’s exactly what’s possible with Gutenberg and Cwicly!!!

Thanks for the fix on the next update, from the perspective as a developer who also has to create websites for his daily bread, I really appreciate how fast you’re able to fix stuff! For me that’s a sign of quality in the architecture of not only your product but also the build pipelines! :slight_smile:

Cheers

1 Like

@Louis just wanted to come back to report, that the issue seems to be resolved!
I’ve did a quick test and the problem didn’t occur again! If it will come back I’m gonna give you a shout! :wink:

Thanks for the quick fix again!

Cheers

1 Like

Hi there @Wolfgang,

Thank you for the update, really appreciate it.

My apologies for not updating this thread in particular. While we have moved the license retrieval to editors, the next update will make sure that all users have access to that particular information so that this error doesn’t happen again.

Cheers,

Update:
I am using the latest version of Cwicly, but I still see this. It was not showing for quite some time. It appeared yesterday and today.

Hi @jornes,

Have you refreshed your license data?

Hey @Louis
Alright. I didn’t touch the license stuff since the issue had been resolved previously. However, I have just refreshed the license data; I’ll monitor if it will ever come again.

Hi @Louis, I’ll suggest you to contact Sybre Waaijer of the The SEO Framework.

I feel he will be able to offer you insights for the license check. Their paid SEO plugin is never nulled by script kiddies just like Cwicly. But there are no such errors messages appearing on his paid plugins. His license check is less strict but yet bulletproof.

1 Like

Hi @Louis

I’m also having a constant “liscense check” issue.
To the extend that if I open several CWICLY template tabs at once, I receive an “Error code 524”. Then I need to refresh each page till it loads. When loaded correctly, the lisence is not activated. Then I need to go to settings and Refresh Data. Then go back to the page and reload again for it to show correctly.

I also receive very high CPU usage (200%).
Any advice would be appreciated

• Server hosing on Cloudways (Vultr HR, 4gig, 2-core) - if required
  • Multi-site (each subdomain with an active lisence)

Thanks in advance

Try refreshing your license data at the license tab to see if it helps. I did, and the license check was not showing until now(days ago).

Thanks for your suggestion @jornes :wink:
It is active and been refreshed each time I encounter the issues

You’re welcome.
Alright. Let’s see if the license checker will ever popping out again after this refresh.