Issues with links in Nav block and Lists. Noreferrer and Noopener always active

Description:

When I add a nav block, the menu items have always “noopener” attached to them by default.

When I add a link to a cwicly list block item, the links always have “noopener noreferrer” attach to them by default.

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

Add a nav block, add custom dropdowns, and all the links have attached the “noopener” policy by default.

Add a list block, append links to the list items, and all the links have “noopener noreferrer” policies attached to them.

I can’t change these settings anywhere. Removing the settings and saving the changes makes no difference after reloading the page, the “noopener” policy remains attached by default.

Cwicly Nav Block
No link policies attached.
Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 12.10.25

Top menu link has “noopener” attached to it.

Deeper link in menu has “noopener” attached to it.

Cwicly List Item Link

Default popup to manage links the first time is opened and after pressing save.
Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 12.09.22

Link popup after removing the link policies and hit save. Despite removing all policies, “noopener” remains active.
Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 13.12.51

link popup after refreshing the page and reopening again. If we press save, it attaches these policies.
Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 13.13.14

This issue doesn’t happen when using the core list block. This issue doesn’t happen when adding links to normal paragraphs.

@Louis, as I see it, this is a huge SEO-related issue for the internal links. MDN explains well. It happens in all our five websites using Cwicly 1.4.0.1 and WordPress 6.4.3

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.4.3
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.4.0.1

Since this is an SEO-critical issue for any website built on 1.4.0.1, will it be fixed in the next update @Louis ? I need to put on hold the release of multiple websites until it’s fixed, and I need to tell my CMO

Ask and you shall receive. See version 1.4.0.2:

1 Like

Hello @StrangeTech,

Thanks for bringing this up.
Moving to fixed.

Cheers,

1 Like