Images not showing on front end related content

Hi, I have been trying to get something to work for a couple of days now and despite all of my efforts and following the various tutorials etc… It is not working. Can you take a look at my thread that I posted? It may be a bug or just user error. Either way I really need some assistance. Thank you! Assistance Needed: Displaying Related ACF CPTs in Query Template on Front End

Dear Cwicly Support Team. I Sent this request via email as well, but I figured it might. be better to put it hear so others can benefit as well.

I am reaching out for assistance with an issue I’ve encountered while trying to display related field information from Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) Custom Post Types (CPTS) on a query template. Despite reading all of the documentation on the Dr. Location Items and other, I am still hitting a roadblock.

Issue Summary: I’ve successfully created a query that filters and shows related items correctly in the WordPress backend. However, these items do not appear on the front end. I’ve ensured that REST API is enabled in both the ACF Field Groups and the Post Types settings, Cwicly Advanced Settings and front-end rendering is set. Despite these configurations, the related items are not visible on the front end.

Detailed Setup:

• Relationship Setup: I have a bi-directional relationship set between two custom post types (CPTs). The ‘Related Profile to Firm’ field is in the ‘Profile Fields Group’, and the ‘Profile to Firm Field’ is in the ‘Design Firm Fields Group’.
  • Primary CPT: ‘Profiles’, where I intend to display related design firm logos.
  • Query Setup: On my test page, the primary query seems to be functioning well in the backend, showing the associated design firm titles and logos. However, on the front end, while primary profile items display correctly, the related items (design firm logos) in the gray areas are not appearing.

Attempts to Resolve:

• I have experimented with various settings combinations over two days, without success.

Request: I am seeking step-by-step guidance to resolve this specific issue, as I find written instructions challenging to follow. If a video tutorial is available, it would be highly beneficial. Otherwise, any directed advice for my specific use case would be greatly appreciated.

I have previously sought help on the forum but have been redirected to the Dr Locations each time and I have gone through those multiple times with no luck. I’m hoping for a more tailored solution to understand the functionality better.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I am eager to resolve this issue and learn from this experience. I am sure once i get a solid example it will go a long way to helping me get a deeper understanding of how things work. Below are some examples and Images.

Here is the primary query set up on my test page

image.png

This is what it looks like on the backend with the associated design firm title and firm logo correctly showing up.

image.png

Here are my secondary query settings for the Post. Currently… but I have tried tons.

image.png

With those settings things look good on the first row like shown above but scrolling down I noticed that they are not filtering these ones.

image.png

This is what it looks like on the front end, you can see that the primary profile items are showing up as expected but the gray areas (have motion) but dont ever display anything.

image.png

Also I get this error a lot when I am testing out different query settings. Is this common? image.png

Hi @ShannaKae,

Just a quick note to let you know your images are currently not loading in this post.

Thank you, are you part of Cwicly or a user like me?

A Cwicly user, like you. :smile:

Hi @ShannaKae,

I wanted to inform you that I’ve replied to your email regarding this.
However, I haven’t received a response from you yet.

As mentioned by email, I noticed that frontend rendering is enabled on your main query block.

Could you possibly try disabling frontend rendering, and seeing if that helps?
This could possibly be causing an issue, as nested queries are not currently supported with frontend rendering enabled.

Once you have disabled it, kindly let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you in advance.

I also suggested this in a separate thread:

Sorry for the delay, i have so several issues i am working through at once. I have resolved this issue by watching Davids Video. I am visual learner so all i needed was to see the video and i got it! But now I am still struggling to get a taxonomy image to render on the front end. I have a cpt with a custom taxonomy and on that tax i have also added an icon image for each catagoy. I have added the Tax block and tried using both custom and current options, and i have included the image block and it is showing up on the backed at least as a placeholder and I can tell it is filtering out based on the related post, but on the front end all i am getting is an empty box. I have been trying for days to get this to work. Any chance you could do a qucik video to show how to show taxonomy image fields on a single template? Thank you so much for all you are doing, this is a very nice product. Also i have posted abut this a few days back but I dont see any response, here is a link to my post - Related and Taxonomy Front End Image Loading Issue in Cwicly – Possible Bug.

Hi @ShannaKae,

Both @Araminta and I have suggested turning off frontend rendering for your Query in multiple posts but haven’t seen any confirmation that you have tried this yet.

Please turn off frontend rendering for the query and confirm whether the images then appear on the frontend for you:

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 10.24.52