Global color naming bug?

Hi there,

I’m not sure if this is a bug, but the custom color name is applied as a class. I’m not certain if this is the default, but shouldn’t the variable be applied and the name is for better readability?

Also, if it is intended that the name is applied as a class, shouldn’t it be forbidden to use spaces and non-class symbols? Or is there some purpose that I’m not aware of?

grafik
grafik

Cheers

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.4.3
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.4.0.1

Hello @T-low,

Thanks for the report.

In this case, it is expected behaviour that the name is used to define the colour in Tailwind. There are pros and cons for using either the name or the variable, but we did end up deciding on the name as it had more pros.

As for the error you’re experiencing with the spaces and non-class symbols, we’ll have a fix for this in the next update.
My apologies for the inconvenience!

Cheers,

1 Like

Hi @Louis,

thank you for the info.
No inconvenience, I will name them accordingly :+1:

Cheers

Hi @Louis,

it would be nice to include the naming of the global colors for Tailwind in the documentation if it has not already been included into the task list.

Cheers

@Araminta & @Louis It seems that this issue has already been resolved, perhaps by this:

The Tailwind colour names now seem to be correctly generated as lower case and spaces are being replaced with a “-”.

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 22.38.19

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 22.39.16

One small side effect of this is that when selecting the colour from the colour swatch picker, the hover title is the generated name not the user friendly name.

1 Like

Hi @StrangeTech,

Thank you for pointing this out!

Indeed, this should now be fixed with 1.4.0.3.

Thank you for bringing this up!

I’ll add this to our bug tracker.

1 Like