Form builder

another plugin also good solution for the users of cwicly. if so , will be similar way of acf, they are two plugin either(acf, and ACF Frontend). if cwicly have form builder , this will be the most powerful tool as i seen for now.

with form builder, it is most close to the vision of cwicly, “do anything without coding”!

2 Likes

I never success finalize a site without any code. :crazy_face:

Don’t know any tool which is closer to real no-code than Cwicly, thanks to Relative Styling and Interactions - even outside the WP universe.
Sure, few parts are still missing.
But that’s totally fine. Cwicly isn’t even 1 year old.

3 Likes

Conditional logic to show/hide classes based on the selected input.

2 Likes

As quick as possible: a login form and a contact form.

Otherwise, you should have a look and take inspiration from the Crocoblock ‘s Jetformbuilder: at the beginning, it was a part of the JetEngine plugin, and, now, it is a standalone one.

1 Like

True. It is already a powerful builder as a new baby.

2 Likes

Hello @Louis is there an ETA on this.

I think for starters a basic form with the relevant fields like (file upload, dropdown, etc.) along with a dashboard to view submissions is necessary. One of the important things about Cwicly is that it is so vast that it helps eliminate the need for certain plugins which helps with performance scores. In my opinion, the lack of a form block should be looked into ASAP.

Keep up the great work @cwiclyteam

1 Like

After completing a build it was the lack of a form block that became my biggest issue.

2 Likes

I also hope that Cwicly will introduce a form builder soon. I know there are plenty of form plugins out there can do the work. But I still prefer to have it natively just like other builders. So we don’t need a 3rd party plugin for a standard form use for my sites. I’ll only consider 3rd party form builder when I need more complex one.

4 Likes

I think a Cwicly form builder would be great. The main issues I have with most form builders are that they’re usually not very easy to style. Being able to style a form inside the same tool used to build the rest of the site would be good on many different levels such as: being able to put the form inputs into a grid, using the same colors, CSS variables, etc… I would say having the form submissions saved into the database with a UI to view them would be nice also, since many clients seem to lose the original emails and are always asking for them. Ugh, clients… but that’s another story! Aside from basic form functionality, I usually only integrate with MailPoet and Stripe, so those would be nice to haves on top of everything. But, since there will be so many people asking for tons of integrations, an option to integrate via some 3rd party tool might be a good starting point (like Zapier or something). Ideally, keeping it all inside Cwicly would be best, but I would be happy to see something with all the basics to start with.

1 Like

Using webhooks would be the most ideal since it does not require locking people into Zapier or something else. Webhooks are a Web standard so any tool should be able to use them.

1 Like

I don’t use Zapier or any of those kinds of services, so I would prefer something that doesn’t require a 3rd party, but was only saying that something is better than nothing. I wasn’t aware that webhooks were now a web standard, but either way, I just want to be able to connect my forms to other things! Haha

for now, I decided to use the form builder that comes with ACF extended

Yeah, as much as I’d love to see Cwicly forms released as “cwicly” as possible, it’s not really a priority in my mind since I have other options. But, when that day comes, it’s certainly going to feel like Christmas installing that update!

3 Likes

Wanting to change from Elementor to cwicly, but it will be a pain to not have the same type of form functionality I get from Elementor.
It can use/update custom/ACF fields, send and save submitted info, and super easy to setup, edit, place, etc … and has hook type functionality for other services.
Wouldn’t worry about all the external integrations and stuff for now … just get the ability to work in wordpress with “core-type” functionality, and we’d be more than satiated :wink:

as a full function platform tool, cwicly definitely need form builder definitely. :grinning:

1 Like

We need a simple form builder. If we need anything fancy we all have a lot of options to choose from.

But what would be really great is if Cwicly would extend their ACF and Woocommerce integration by having a login/register form that can be set in Cwicly builder, but also a form that creates posts and users which are able to edit their own post if admin set so. I mean: this would make all directory plugins and ACF extended forms stuff unnecessary and would attract a lot of folks who are into bigger membership/directory like builds to Cwicly

1 Like

It seems it has become a priority given the amount of votes it already has right?
How long could it take?
Isn’t there any way to build a lead gen form with divs and imputs and code the functionality into it, what is required to achieve that? In case someone knows about it.

i guess form builder is the last piece of cwicly no programming platform tool in WordPress ecosystem. it will not be that quick :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

They pretty much have all the inputs available, so it likely only needs the mail logic, entry database, and UI. I’m probably oversimplifying it, but @Louis is a magician, so I’m sure if/when this comes out, it’ll be great! It’s not on the roadmap, sadly, but we’ll see…