Font Manager Improvements

Hi,

I am yet to try this feature but this is the feedback I have got from users. They need the following.

1. Ability to upload multiple local fonts at once and not one at a time.

2. Ability to upload other font types apart from woff2 for legacy support.

3. Ability to select font sizes. Be able to select font style for Google Font to Font Manager

It’s not productive at the moment. :frowning:

I would recommend trying it… Hearsay is not something I’d recommend.
I won’t respond to your last point, as in my opinion not valid.

I’d appreciate a clearer vision on this one. How many font definitions do you upload at a time?

Please describe in more detail what you mean by legacy.

The reasoning behind this would also be very welcome.

Thanks for your reply Louis. I’ll give it a try in the weekend.

Some users upload several font files at once, including their frequently used fonts. They later decide which fonts to use for a specific site or project.

Some users work on government projects or older projects that require the use of older browsers, which may not support the woff2 format.

I think Jornes provided the reasoning for that feature request.

1 Like

Hi @Louis
To be exact, the font style I mean is font weights like 300,400,500,600,700,800, etc. Also, some settings like this.

As I said, I don’t need all the font styles(weights) to load on my site. So, being able to choose the weights that I want for my site will be great. :blush:

Like?

• Font Display → available
  • CSS Selector → available through global styles and more

You won’t anyway :wink:
The browser automatically parses the CSS to only load the necessary font file.

But a point can be made for reducing font definition size on the rendered HTML.

2 Likes

Ah! I see. Thanks for the clarification! That’s nice to know. @Louis
I might be misunderstanding, as I said in my initial thread.

Hey there @Louis , I actually have been meaning to make a request around the font upload process. In my current workflow, I am using a site which is built with Cwicly as a template for all new clients signing up to my system. The font path for the uploaded fonts is not dynamic so the fonts break whenever I create the new sites. I would love to be able to either edit the path or have it default to a dynamic location.

Hey there @smontreuil,

I think that the new Font Manager will be a better pick for this precise situation.

Currently this isn’t possible, but one of the reasons we released the new Font Manager now is to more precisely control Font collections with the Theme Importer/Exporter we’ll be implementing soon.

3 Likes

That sounds excellent @Louis !

1 Like