Copying a linked div with heading inside: heading element always h1

Description:

Whenever I use “Copy (linked)” for a div block with headings inside, the inserted headings are H1 again no metter what the original heading was.

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

1. Create a div with an h2 in it
  2. Copy the div as linked.
  3. Insert the copied block somewhere
  4. take a look to the copied heading. Its H1 now instead of H2

Screenshots

Screenshot: cwicly_copy-linked-headline · CleanShot Cloud

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.01
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.1.9.2
  • Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3
1 Like

Hey @michelyweb. I think it’s not a bug, rather a feature request.

Over time, I tend to think the way it currently works makes even a bit more sense.
I can’t even say why.
Not sure, maybe I just got used to it. But also wouldn’t mind if this ever changes.

There were some discussions about it in the past already.
The only thing which is currently a pain, when using the copy (linked) feature, are the block CSS presets, which will be improved with block defaults soon.

1 Like

Hi @michelyweb,

@Marius described it perfectly.
It was requested in the past but I have never been too comfortable in forcing the same tag/icons etc…
Maybe a toggle option to either copy or not these specific properties would be the way to go here?

2 Likes

Great idea :+1:
Would offer the chance to test it out (and I will for sure!) without getting forced into new workflows.

1 Like

Indeed at least a toggle to copy block content/settings would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

I actually don’t see the point of resetting blocks like this, but I might have missed some discussion.

Most of the time I use linked blocks when I create a content that needs to be duplicated multiple times and I don’t want to create a repeater or query to keep a more customer-friendly editable post. Then, losing heading level/text or button text/icon/link or any blocks content is very annoying.

Because of this, I tend to create more and more repeaters, but it is a bit longer and I think most of the time it adds too much complexity to the post.