Copy/paste global styles not working

To reproduce:

Create a button, add a class, and add a background color to the class. Then in the Cwicly navigator, click Styles > Copy.

Create a second button. In the navigator, click Styles > Paste (global). Nothing happens.

I think this is supposed to carry over the global classes that were applied on button #1?

Also, if you add a background color to button #1’s autogenerated class, then Paste (global) on the second button, it applies the block specific background color.

1 Like

Thanks for the report @sunny
Indeed, the styles copying/pasting is experiencing a few issues with the old vs new way of copying in Cwicly.

Apologies for that!

Will have a fix out soon.

4 Likes

Just wanted to add to this that I don’t think “Copy Styles” in the block toolbar currently does anything either.

Hi there @sunny,

This sounds unusual.
We’re just in the midst of reworking the copy/paste for styles.
Currently, you can only paste styles to elements of the same nature as the copied one (heading block → heading block etc…).

A bit convoluted so definitely in needs of simplifying!

Hey @Louis, that’s great to hear that it’s getting a reworking. :grinning:

Currently there are a few areas that I find unclear - and that’s as someone who has spent hours inside of the builder haha.

Here’s a rundown in case it’s helpful: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

In that demo, it also looks like Copy/Paste styles worked for the div but not for the paragraph.

Hi there,

I think we can now move this to fixed as the copy/paste function was reviewed in 1.2.9.4.7.

If you still experience trouble with this or have suggestions, I’d be grateful if you could let me know by replying to this thread.

Cheers,