Copy/Move to Global Class

As discussed in this thread:

It will be a great timesaving feature to be able to copy styles from an existing block directly to a global glass.

Copy to global class

Ideally this would include the relative styles, or there could be a second menu option to do those also.

For a very powerful additional feature, there could also be a “Move to Global Class” menu option, that copies the styles to the global class, removes them from the selected block and adds the Global Class to the block in one step.

Hi there @StrangeTech,

Thanks for the feature request.

You can currently copy styles from any block to global styles by going to the Global Styles panel → selecting your global class and then pasting it using the paste icon.

I think the suggestion of moving styles to an existing/new global class and removing them from the current element while adding the global class to it sounds like a great addition, and we definitely have plans to streamline that specific workflow.

2 Likes

Hi @Louis,

Yes, in the linked post I quoted, I shared the same strategy of copying styles to global classes, which is a great feature in itself. The copying is just a shortcut to further streamline this process.

Great news that you are planning to streamline moving styles to a global class.

I am just resurfacing this feature request as I find myself often having to copy from block classes to global classes and then delete all of the no longer needed styles from the blocks.

This is one of the more time consuming repetitive tasks when using Cwicly, so this feature will be very much appreciated.

This will allow us to quickly prototype or test out styling in a block and then when everything is looking as expected copy those styles over to a global class before replicating the block.

Just to add a +1 for this.

As a new user I repeatedly find myself styling the block before realising I need to make it a global class, and then face the dead-end of not being able to easily convert the style.

Any one-click solution would be great, but my suggestion would be to add a ‘create from block styles’ (or some such text) button to the class modal. Alternatively, a check box alongside the ‘create’ button to create from block styles would work equally well.

1 Like