Inline Links in paragraphs & Headings: text-decoration = X in Block Settings not working

Continuing the discussion from Color of text links could not be changed:

It is neither working, when for an inline link where the X is set for the block, nor when applying a span to the inline link part and setting an X as text-decoration for that span. The other font settings are working, so it should be possible for this too.

A workaround is a class or custom CSS like the following (and it works), so it should be possible to implement it:

#paragraph-c87dcbb a{
text-decoration: none ;
}

Hi @FZwo , I’m not sure if it will fit your specific use-case, but this is one approach you can use in the meantime while waiting for this to bug to be addressed.

Disable underline globally for all links:

Then any that need decorating can be done the usual way (starting with a clean slate).

And for inline links decoration can be added using relative styling as needed.

Hopefully this helps.

As a follow up, to further reduce the code needed, you can apply the relative styling to global classes.

Combining the flexibility of global classes with relative styling using the descendant selector makes it easy to quickly style all of the links in a section or other container consistently and in a re-usable way.

1 Like

That was exactly I searched for the how to…

What I got now is:
one has to first define a new global class, and after that create relatives styling for that class

Question: is it possible (that’s what I tried several times before) to make a virtual class a global class, or an existing relative style a global class, at least as an predefined input for a global class?

The reason I am asking, is, that in some cases one has created a virtual class with some effort, and then one comes to the conclusion, it would be a good Idea to just have that as a global class

While there is no one-click solution, this is possible using copy/paste.

1. Find the original element associated with your virtual class and in the navigator copy the styles for it (important note: currently relative styles are not copied with the other styles, so these will need to be copy/pasted into the global class separately)

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 21.20.07

1. Create your new global class and paste the styles you copied in step one

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 21.20.45

At the very least this is faster than recreating the global class from scratch if it contains a lot of style rules.

1 Like

@FZwo, Feature request for “Copy to Global Class” and “Move to Global Class” added.

1 Like