Can't change the bg color of 1 group in dropdown nav?

I’m trying to create a mega menu and i can’t find how to have different background color for each group in my megamenu, in the nav dropdown
I have summer activities and winter activities, and i’d like to have a différent color for each one. I can have a different color for headers, or header wrappers, but not for groups
@Araminta @Louis i don’t know if this is a bug or if i just can’t find where to change this

here is a link where my staging site : Sample Page – Guides de Verbier

and a screenshot :

Hi @pomilo,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

This isn’t a bug, but rather a feature request as it isn’t currently possible to do so.
I’ll move this to planned Feature Requests for the team to keep track of.

Thank you for your understanding.

@Araminta Also, i’ve noticed that i can’t change anything in the second group. Ffor example, if i want to set a title background, i can do this for the first group but i can’t do this for the second group.
The solution i’ve found is:

• set title background in the nav settings (so all my groups title have the same bg color)
  • change title background for my first group in the 1st group settings
    → that way i can have 2 different title colors. But i think this wouldn’t work with more than 2 groups…

And the same thing happens with everything i want to customize differently for each group

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing trouble with this, @pomilo.
Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to reproduce your issue on my end.

To investigate further, I have set up a demo instance.
Please log in with this, and see the Nav test page.

To test, I have set:

• a global grey title background colour
  • yellow title bg colour for the first group
  • blue title bg colour for the second group

Feel free to modify anything, to see if the error is reproducible.

Thank you in advance.

@Araminta this is weird, i’ve recorded a loom video to show you what happen on my site : Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

you can see that nothing happens, items are not “hovered” when i’m on my second group…

is there something to change on my cwicly settings somewhere ?

Thank you for the screencast @pomilo, it helps!

Indeed, this does seem strange.

Could you possibly provide me with a temporary access to this installation, so I may take a closer look?

If this is possible, for security and privacy reasons, kindly send the details using our paste website, by sharing the link generated through email to support@cwicly.com.

Please follow these steps:

• Visit our designated paste website: https://paste.cwicly.com/
  • Input your WordPress installation details (installation link, username and password) into the provided text field.
  • After entering the information, the website will generate a unique link for your submission.
  • Share this generated link with us through email.

Thank you in advance.

@pomilo, just wanted to let you know that changing the background colour of different groups is now available with 1.3.4.2.

Could you possibly let me know if this new version addresses the strange styling issues for the second group?

Thank you in advance.

thank you @Araminta for the feature ! I had to remove my nav block and create a new one, and now it works.

I have another request now: i set a label background on hover in the nav block global settings, and it works fine. But when i set a label background on hover in the group settings, if i hover 1 label, all my group labels have their background changed. It acts as if it was one unique thing

here is a screencast to show you : Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

1 Like

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, @pomilo!

I just wanted to let you know that with 1.3.4.3, the label hover background colour should now apply as expected.
Kindly let me know if this is the case on your end.

Thank you in advance.

i’m on cwicly 1.3.4.5 and it doesn’t work as expected. I still have all the labels reacting when i hover on 1 label