Annoying scroll in structure panel when adding/removing/pasting blocks

I can confirm this behaviour @yankiara, but it seems that this applies only for the very first block in the Navigator and doesn’t appear to be block type specific.

Hi,

I can confirm an issue when selecting the first block if out of sight.
I have added it to the bug tracker.

Best regards,
Johnny

Good catch, it is only the first block :wink:

@JohnD I was just curious if you are any closer to a fix :anguished:

I am just following up on this issue as it is causing a reduction in efficiency when working with longer lists of blocks.

The current behaviour as of 1.3.4.2 is that when selecting a block in the canvas, the navigator doesn’t scroll to the selected block, which necessitates having to scroll to find it every time. While this is very slightly preferable to the navigator jumping to the wrong location sometimes, it is still not ideal.

@Louis, what can we expect regarding this behaviour? :smile:

Hello,

Reviewing this from the Add a switch to the navigator that toggles syncing it with the canvas selection thread, it appears the navigator doesn’t sync to blocks in specific circumstances (towards the middle of the blocks list).
I was able to have the nav sync in most situations, but was able to reproduce the issue describe.

A fix will be provided in the next update.

Cheers,

As promised, so delivered:

This works beautifully now, thank you @Louis.

1 Like

Hello @StrangeTech,

Thanks for confirming this, much appreciated.
I will be moving this to Fixed Bugs.

If you run into any trouble, please don’t hesitate to let me know by replying to this thread.

Cheers,