1.4 postponed to Wednesday

Hello everyone,

Thank you for such an enthusiastic response to the Tailwind integration! I’m blown away by all the positive feedback over the weekend.

It looks like I was a bit too optimistic about applying the last finishing touches to the 1.4 update. As this is a major update, we want to make sure that everything is thoroughly tested before releasing it on Wednesday.

You might have noticed the “Getting Started” video was taken down as we are adding a few more details to that also.

Thanks for your patience, I can’t wait to get this out!

Cheers,

12 Likes

My first thought was that it would be a beta version just because of the big changes coming with the new version.

Hi guys, is 1.4 still being made available today?

Cheers,

Keith

Hello @iamkeef,

Yes, we should be releasing 1.4 today.

Cheers,

8 Likes

:drum: :drum: :drum: can’t wait to import my first Tailwind component ! @Louis Don’t forget to have a good night’s sleep after all that :wink:

I feel the same way.

A couple weeks ago, I came across a tool on AppSumo that allows for copying html. Didn’t think too much about it, but when I saw the copy HTML to Cwicly blocks feature, I immediately went back and grabbed it. I can just imagine how useful this will be for workflow.

1.4 has me super excited. I probably won’t update any of my live sites for a bit, as there are bound to be a few bugs that pop up. But I have a sandbox site itching to get its first taste.

1 Like

great - I’m so excited! Will you be doing the Youtube live that was planned and taken down? If so do you have a link and what time will you be going on please? As I don’t want to miss it.

Thanks very much

I’ve seen that too @owynter. Could be huge.
Maybe you want to share some feedback after tesing things out, would love to know how it works out.
Wondering if Cwicly could potentially do the same natively though.

It was a premiere, not a live, @iamkeef. It’s available again and starts in ~30min.

1 Like

I own a tool called ‘CSS Scan’ which also does this - it even has it’s own specific ‘convert to Tailwind CSS’ function = https://getcssscan.com/ (scroll down the page and you will see the Tailwind piece)

1 Like

thank you very much :slight_smile:

No worries. I’ll let you know how it works. It was only $20 for the tool, which is a browser extension (Chromium & Firefox).

Here’s the modal you get when you select an element (could be a container, or a child element):

And here’s a snippet of code I grabbed from the Cwicly homepage:

<div id="div-2">
        <h1 id="h1-1">Your WordPress site<br id="br-1" />done right</h1>
      </div>

<p id="p-1">Your complete solution to no-code websites that deliver – Cwicly</p>

<div id="div-3">
        <a href="https://cwicly.com/#about" id="a-1">Start now</a>

<a href="https://bit.ly/trycwiclyforfree" id="a-2">Try for free</a>
      </div>

And the stylesheet:

#div-2 {margin-bottom: 25px; font-size: 88px; font-weight: 700}
    #h1-1 {text-align: center}
    #p-1 {font-size: 20px; text-align: center; margin-bottom: 55px}
    #div-3 {display: flex; margin-bottom: 90px; font-size: 20px; font-weight: 600}

So, yeah, I’m very hopeful to see what it do.

1 Like

I’ve used this before.
The difference is that it just copies stylesheets, although I see the Export to Codepen function.
Looks slick. Cheap enough to be worth looking at if it can do what I need.

Always good to have different tools in the toolbox.

That said, where’s @Louis with our update? :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Update has been out for a couple hours already :wink:

Taking the slow boat, then.

You can also download it from the Cwicly dashboard, if it doesn’t show up on your installation yet @owynter.
Not sure how frequently the plugin checks for new updates - is it every 4 hours?

Got it now. Updated and ready to go. Though I wonder if a fresh install is advisable.

@owynter Thanks for AppSumo heads-up…much appreciated.
Could you please explain a bit more about this “copy HTML to Cwicly blocks” feature that you mention.
I see no mention of this feature nor do I see it in the actual product.
I’m left just scratching my head wondering what you were referring to.
A screen capture would be very helpful
Thanks! :pray:

Check my thread here: Copy-pasting HTML to Cwicly Blocks

Beautiful!..thanks Owynter!
Now I understand what you meant…I originally thought that you were referencing a feature within DivMagic that was specific to Cwicly.
Nonetheless, your video cleared up my confusion quite nicely…thanks again for sharing that.
P.S. Picked up a copy of DivMagic as a “no-brainer”. :muscle:t5: