Will BBPress templates be supported?

Hi all.

Will BBPress templates be supported ?

I saw that you took over the comments template.

BBPress is simple, but I am still to see a proper implementation via templates so BBPress looks decent.

BBPress it simple, but more and more I lean towards simple. I have played around with Discourse - the software that this forum is build on - but basically it doesnt have any templates and … ahhhh … all these settings, new interfaces and “stuff” around what really matters - CONTENT IS KING.

And it makes unified search possible easily. When using Discourse you run into these problems.

Would be nice for me, but not sure it fits the level of this product, which seems higher. But it would make sense, since Cwicly is so internal to the wordpress-family and basically no other theme has template-integration.

Yeah, that would be really nice actually. Nice and simple forum.

Guess not :slight_smile: Would be nice though.

Does BBPress support blocks? I haven’t used forum cms/plugin in over a decade, so I’m not sure if it does.

Edited because I understood the plugin initially to allow me to put template-parts of bbPress as Gutenberg does with comments right now. That was wrong. Sorry.

Blocks Everywhere – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Not really. BBpress is very lean and not so “bloated” in terms of features - if you can call it that. I was looking for it to be adopted like Kadence kind of does, by supporting it in their Kadence theme. But Automattic has perhaps done it with the above plugin for Gutenberg.

I do not know enough about templates in bbPress. But it has been hard to change and style. I believe it simply uses templates, that has to be present in the theme used with the plugin, if you want to style or modify the layout to the rest of the theme properly.

But the editor-part seems to have changed with the above plugin. For coments, bbpress and Buddypress. That is actually really cool.

bbPress is way simpler for trivial use-cases, that does not require something like Discourse (which this forum is running on).

The one big issue with that plugin is:

This doesn’t yet work on block-based themes – it must be a ‘classic’ theme.

If true, that is a very significant limitation.

but something is going on with this plugin bbpress style pack : Topic: FSE templates and bbPress · bbPress.org

But that is kind of what I was hoping for Cwicly to take over. It gets too messy, wayyy to messy, with plugins fixing other plugins …