Why is my page not full width on the frontend?

A lot of new Cwicly users experience something they consider an issue where their post/page backend view on the editor doesn’t match what is displayed on the frontend.

• Why this happens: the page/post uses the Index template by default (which can be found in the Cwicly Themer, or in the Full Site Editor). The Index template contains by default a Section block that contains the Post Content block (which renders the post content).

• How to fix: Move the post content block outside of the section block wrapping it in the Index template. Then, remove said section block.

5 Likes

a more accurate description would be:

Move the post content block, which is contained within a section block by default, to the root level and delete the section block

2 Likes

I have phased the same issue.
You can go into the index template and put the post content outside of the section and remove that section.

1 Like

Hi @FZwo and @rashidnawaz,

Sorry about the confusion this might have caused, I’ll be sure to change it to something more clear.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Hi so i see three sections the header the body and the footer… all on the root. My current issue i can not get my menu/header to go full width.

I don’t know if this is best practice when using cwicly, but I did it that way:
For full-width sections settings are “width = 100%”, and margin left and right to 0. And for pages I want to have full width, I made sure that the post content block of the respective template used for that pages is not wrapped.

Hey wondering if there is a way to reset the “settings” to the default. I messed around with them nan now i am not sure what is what. Maybe resetting the default and then testing out various settings one by one was a better solution. Specifically, i have the override the default WP them settings goggled on and maybe i should have that off. Or is there a video walkthrough of the settings settings? This is literally my first day on your product, sooooo excited it is incredible. Thanks so much!

I think maybe i have figure out why i am struggling. Is the container only meant for content width? so it will only go as wide as the inner content theme settings? I have been trying to use it, like I used my GP container which is first full width then i can add a content width inside of it. I am going to try it out. Yep I that was my issue! I was treating the containter like a section. I added a section that comes with a container (much like GP container system) and all is well. Whew. Now I am off to the races…

Hi @ShannaKae,

Cwicly is very flexible with what you can do - by default it adds a max-width on the container and centres it using margin-left/right: auto; however you can customise this globally and override it on a per section basis.

To configure the defaults, you can go to the Globals > Elements: and there you can create a rule for all sections and containers and/or class based rules for distinct usages.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 05.01.38

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 05.01.48

1 Like

Ok bear with me, i am on day three so I am still familiarizing myself reading through all the documentation. I have just gotten to the Post Content section that talks about the Cwicly Post Content Block and how I can use it. Is that instead of the default WP content block or on top of? I am unclear where to put it. Thank you for your help!

Ok bear with me, i am on day three so I am still familiarizing myself reading through all the documentation. I have just gotten to the Post Content section that talks about the Cwicly Post Content Block and how I can use it. Is that instead of the default WP content block or on top of? I am unclear where to put it. Thank you for your help!

Yeah, you’d use it instead of the native Post Content block. It will let you apply styling like any other Cwicly block.

If you don’t have any styling to apply to it, then it won’t really matter much which one you use.

This is typically used in a template. Ex. Use it in your blog post template to output the post content.

Ok thank you for responding! So this is what my page template looks like right now. You can see I have both the default content and the Cy post content block. I am unclear how to remove the default? ON a side. note, i did override the default styles etc… in teh settings as I plan to use CY settings whenever possible and I didn’t want to get confused with the Theme defaults. I am using twenty twenty four fyi. Thanks for your help. I hate being the new kid, LOL. Thanks for your hlep!

For every block there are two places you can delete it.

1. When you select the block there is an editing toolbar that appears above it in the Canvas - there is a delete button on that you can use.
  2. From the Cwicly navigator each block has an “X” button that appears on hover you can use to delete it.

Ok I figured out my issue. I was not using your amazing theme that goes with your plugin that essentially allows me to start from scratch!!! Build my own templates. I am watching this now which is very helpful for this subject. At least it answers all of my questions. I reset everything to default and re installed the the plug-in and then added your theme and now it all makes sense!! This is brilliant. More than i could have hoped for. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cotQkzaLOuI&t=228s