We can't edit or exit a component on a different instance

Cwicly Plugin version: 1.4.1

Hi,

It seems we can’t edit – or simply just exit editing – a component when not on the actual instance where we started editing it.

I’m not 100% sure we could before but I don’t remember striving so much when designing components.

This is especially annoying when editing a component used in a list or grid with a lot of instances because you have to retrieve the right instance where you entered editing.

Can’t reproduce this. Having multiple instances of many components I can edit the component from every instance.

Question: is your comnponent nested inside of another component?

No, very basic:

Hello @yankiara,

Thanks for the report and that last screenshot.

I can confirm the issue with identical instances of a Component not being accessible if one is already being edited.

We’ll have this fixed as soon as possible.

Cheers,

1 Like

Ah! if there is one Instance already in edit-mode you can not edit another instance. Now i understand and can reproduce. Will it not introduce problems having two instances edited at a time @Louis (conflicts)? Maybe just a button in the panel to jump to the instance in editing mode would help? I’m sure you will find a good solution. :slight_smile:

Hello @yankiara,

Can you let me know if you are still experiencing this issue in 1.4.1.2?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

1 Like

Hi @Louis,

Now when editing a component, if I click ANYWHERE OUTSIDE the component (so on a standard block or other instance of component or other component), edit mode is simply terminated and everything is back to normal state.

It is much better, since we don’t have the black panel when selecting other instance of component, and we can just click modify to edit the newly selected instance.

I was imagining it in another way, like if we click on a different instance, we stay in edit mode, but it’s OK, this can be marked as solved.

Thanks

1 Like