Unable to drag Nav block into container blocks using the Cwicly Navigator

Description:

When dragging the Nav block into other blocks it “snaps back” outside of them. The only way we found to nest the Nav block is using the Navigator Wrap function.

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

1. Open the Site Editor
  2. Add a Nav block
  3. Add any type of container block (e.g. Section, Div, etc) to any depth of nesting
  4. Attempt to drag the Nav block into the container block
  5. Notice it “snaps back” into place
  6. Right click the Nav and Wrap it with any container block.
  7. Notice this works correctly.

Note: There are other sub-blocks that exhibit similar behaviour. There seem to be just a few areas where the integration with the Navigator can be slightly polished.

For the most part Nav works very well and is full-featured, but small issues like this make it less easy to work with when setting up a template.

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.2.2
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.2.9.8.3

Hello @StrangeTech,

Thanks for the report.

After several checks on multiple platforms and browsers, I’m unable to reproduce this on my end.

Could you possibly take a moment to try this and replicate the issue here (sandbox installation): https://app.instawp.io/wordpress-auto-login?site=$2y$10$LF1EaKwGqB/col8R7hL7Ku/NhFFINA0Irpy4/hO1yPFsMFooBKOsy

Thanks in advance.

Apologies @Louis, despite the fact that two members of our team experienced this and I personally witnessed it occurring at that point, I am also now unable to replicate this, either on your sandbox or on the original site it occurred on, even when replicating the identical sequence of steps that led to it.

So for now, this can be closed as a non-issue.

Hello @StrangeTech,

Thanks for taking a look at this.

The snapping back behaviour does seem unusual. While looking into this, I did discover a bug when adding multiple Navs if using the same preset option, they will share the same reference which might have led to what you’re experiencing.

I’ll leave this open and close it when we’ve fixed this behaviour in the next update.

Thanks for bringing it up!

Cheers,

Ahhh, that is possible, as we were experimenting with different variations and testing the cloud library, so it is entirely possible there were multiple Nav blocks present on the page.

Thank you for persisting with this @Louis.