The future of Cwicly

From my point of view, Cwicly is so far ahead of everything else that it ought to be the way things are done. Period. I’m both really glad to see that Cwicly will not be taken directly to the woodshed, as trying to see what the alternatives were was sobering: there weren’t any.

I also really like the community, and wonder if there’s a way to keep the community, and just enjoy being within the bubble of warm, friendly people. Maybe more of a vacation and regrouping rather than a termination…

8 Likes

Well said! Let’s all give Cwicly’s team some time and don’t blast them with questions, at least not for the moment. Personally I am happy enough Cwicly is going to receive support for at least 1 year. As of what future might unfold, I think it all depends on us all, the community. If we are really happy with this product let’s spread the word about it and who knows where it might lead the journey. Hugs for all of you guys!

@Louis Thank you so much for everything. I remain hopeful that, someday, Cwicly will become one of the most well-known tools in the WordPress ecosystem.

I have built numerous outstanding projects using Cwicly, and this announcement is very meaningful to me. Although I am not entirely sure about the decision, I wish the best for the talented individuals in the Cwicly development and support team. Your skills and dedication are truly remarkable.

I’ve said this many many times, to my co-workers, to my clients, to the dev teams, and on the internet, that Cwicly is by far the best tool I ever use from WordPress ecosystem.

Following this announcement, I am inspired to continue using Cwicly as my preferred tool for confidently building my clients’ websites.

6 Likes

I can’t believe you deleted my post, what did I say wrong or disrespectful or against the community guidelines, please help me out here.

You earned your special toxicity rank in this community, not only in this forum.
You are part of this outcome. Keep your mouth shut already and stop playing the innocent.

1 Like

I still can’t believe Cwicly is being discontinued. What a shame.

Not that it matters now, but I think nobody would have minded if a slowdown had been chosen instead. Perhaps 1-2 major releases a year, à la GenerateBlocks, and bug fixes in between. And maybe a business model that removes a bit of pressure from the team. Perhaps an LTD without support (just community) and extra support on a recurring fee.

What can I say, back to the Stone Age of building in WordPress now :slight_smile:

11 Likes

i just come to here when i open my computer by default,
i do not know why.
what a love!,
anyone like me?
REALLY hope cwicly can still moving on to get better.

5 Likes

It was baffling to witness the sudden announcement. But, happy to see that you’re back here, communicating.

1 Like

Hi @Louis and team,

I’m still trying to process the news since receiving your closure email. It was a massive shock. Cwicly has been a game-changer for WordPress. I had big plans for it in 2024. It’s sad to see it come to this. I’ll continue using Cwicly for as long as I can. You’re the best developer I’ve ever known, and I’ll always support you, no matter where you go.

Best wishes.

9 Likes

I’m really glad the forum has opened up. And I’m very happy to see posts from Louis. If Araminta will post something on the topic of tricks, there will be nothing to wish for))

3 Likes

I am glad to see the is a path forward for those who are heavily invested in Cwicly. The reality is that there is no other product that can currently replace Cwicly, in the short time I have been using the product I have been able to accomplish some amazing things with both design and functionality. Thank you to @Louis and his team for such amazing work.

7 Likes

Little update here:

Upon Cwicly’s closing announcement I wrote to them (from my client’s e-mail account) to ask if I could still finish and publish the website while I build on a new platform and if getting a refund impacted this plans (I even asked them if they could recommend another platform)… Days passed and they didn’t answer. Later, they just issued a refund and cut-off my service. This was before the announced continued support.

Then, I asked via e-mail what had happened (which I also asked here to no official replies from the team). More than a week passed without a single answer… then they answered to the e-mail and said that it was because I had asked for a refund and therefore I didn’t have access anymore, which signaled that they completely ignored the first message where I clearly asked if being refunded would impact my access.

Worst experience with a saas provider ever. Specially because of the friction and discomfort this has caused with my client. Basically negatively impacting my reputation as a service provider. The damage to my reputation as a business and the time-cost of re-building is way more costly than 60 euros if you ask me.

Just putting this out here so other people be aware, but I also wonder if it even matters, because what can you be held accountable for when you are shutting down and have no reputation to take care of? I guess it just comes down to human values and doing the right thing, but hey, not everybody thinks alike, right?

1 Like

Hello @alejandro,

Would you mind sending me by private message the email associated with your account and the one used to correspond with our support team?

Thanks in advance.

They did the same thing to me, @alejandro!

I was left to scrape the HTML and CSS of the site and host static page in order to make client updates. All because I couldn’t access cwicly anymore through wordpress. No one would answer my support emails. I’m looking at you @Araminta.

I’m stuck rushing to learn bricks. I have a pissed off client. and recreating a site I just build less than a year ago. I literally have no words.

Hello @mattmiller,

I’m sorry to hear this.
I see you requested a refund on the 6th of March, which was processed the next day.

As Johnny’s email from the 19th of March explained more specifically, a refund request - as detailed in our Terms and Conditions - means that access to the purchased product is no longer provided.

At no stage in your initial refund request did you mention wanting to continue using Cwicly for a client’s site, we would have advised otherwise.
Unfortunately, refund requests are final as they are dealt with by our payment processor.

I see you mention needing some time to migrate away from Cwicly on the backend. Don’t hesitate to contact us for any help you might need regarding that.

Cheers,

1 Like

Guys, you were asking for a refund and wondering now that you didn’t get any further support? If it was only about 60€ why didn’t you step back and waited a few days? If you’re reputation isn’t worth 60€ for yourself then you shouldn’t make someone else responsible for this …

Btw, the discourse is full with examples where editing is not allowed without a valid license. If you really would take a little time to read stuff and just don’t shout loud when something goes wrong, everyone would have an easier time …

3 Likes

can’t seem to find a way to message privately from here, is there any? If not, could you provide me with an e-mail?

Just click on @Louis and then there is the Message button :slight_smile:

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-25 um 21.36.14

It seems like I don’t have that button/permission.

Thank you though :slight_smile:

Oh, I see. I believe this could be because your current trust level is “new user”.