Template redirect to the wrong one

Description:

I noticed that sometimes our templates will redirect to the wrong one, until I click on “Themer” in the backend then it will redirect normally by the condition that I set.

This happened twice now, first time I thought its just me not configuring correctly

When I say redirect wrong place, it redirect to the “Archive”.

So for example, if I click on one of my blog single page query card, it goes to the right link, but the template is using the blog archive template, instead of the one I set upon the condition.

Already confirmed on my team that before this happens, no one ever touched the Themer part.

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.0.1
  • Gutenberg Plugin version: -
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.1.8.5.4
  • Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3

Hi @lukelee,

We’re still investigating this issue to see exactly what is going wrong and how to reproduce the bug consistently.

Thanks for your patience.

Hello @lukelee,

We have just updated Cwicly to 1.1.8.5.7 which we hope fixes this bug.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing the issue.
Sorry for the inconvenience once again.

1 Like

Hi @Louis , as I mentioned in our Facebook PM, this issue is still occurring.

I’m planning to make a video and show you how it looks like next time when it happen again. So for the current fix, all I need to do is just to visit the “Themer” page on the backend.

Thanks @lukelee.
I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

The main problem for us currently is not knowing what the trigger of this change is.
Is it just after a certain laps of time even if you don’t do anything?
Thanks for your patience.

Hi @Louis , and yes exactly, as sometimes it will just redirect me to the wrong template, when I come back and start working on the website again. (Like after a night), so I’m not exactly sure how it triggered.

I will look closely on this whenever it happened again, as I believe there were some console log when this happens.

Hi @lukelee,

Thanks for the details.
We are still investigating the issue as we cannot reproduce it on our side.
I have my doubts, but do believe it might have something to do with accessing the Themer, even if simply using it to edit a template.

Thanks for your patience and apologies for the trouble.

Hello @lukelee,

I’m just stumbling upon this thread and notice that it is still marked as a bug.
This was addressed several versions back, so I’ll be moving this to fixed.

If you still experience trouble with this, I’d be grateful if you could let me know by replying to this thread.

Cheers,

1 Like

@Louis I want to reopen this bug back as it is still occurring on our site.

I also figured out why it is triggering this error, as I noticed today that if you to go Cwicly → Themer

Once you clicked on Themer, it will load the templates (We have a lot of them). And while it’s loading the templates in the themer, if you close the page without waiting for it to load fully, it will reset all the Template display conditions to default, meaning it’s going to link all templates to show to Index template.

It’s also very easy to fix this, which is to revisit the “Themer” page again, wait until it’s fully loaded, then all the template condition will be back to normal.

Please check it on your end. To replicate this issue, simply click on Themer → and exit it before it fully loads all the templates.

Hello @lukelee,

Thank you for reporting back.
I’m sorry to hear you’re still having trouble with this, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience it might cause on your end.

We’ll look into this and put up a few more safeguards to make sure this doesn’t happen.

Cheers,

1 Like

No problem at all Louis! Just a good chance for me to show up and showing I’m still around and using Cwicly consistently :smiley:

1 Like

Hello @lukelee,

We’ve issue a possible fix in 1.2.9.5.7.
I’d be really grateful to know if this helps sort things on your end.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Hello @lukelee,

As there hasn’t been any feedback on this, I’ll consider it fixed.
Feel free to reply to this thread if you still encounter trouble.

Cheers,

1 Like