Template redirect to the wrong one

Description:

I noticed that sometimes our templates will redirect to the wrong one, until I click on “Themer” in the backend then it will redirect normally by the condition that I set.

This happened twice now, first time I thought its just me not configuring correctly

When I say redirect wrong place, it redirect to the “Archive”.

So for example, if I click on one of my blog single page query card, it goes to the right link, but the template is using the blog archive template, instead of the one I set upon the condition.

Already confirmed on my team that before this happens, no one ever touched the Themer part.

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.0.1
  • Gutenberg Plugin version: -
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.1.8.5.4
  • Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3

Hi @lukelee,

We’re still investigating this issue to see exactly what is going wrong and how to reproduce the bug consistently.

Thanks for your patience.

Hello @lukelee,

We have just updated Cwicly to 1.1.8.5.7 which we hope fixes this bug.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing the issue.
Sorry for the inconvenience once again.

1 Like

Hi @Louis , as I mentioned in our Facebook PM, this issue is still occurring.

I’m planning to make a video and show you how it looks like next time when it happen again. So for the current fix, all I need to do is just to visit the “Themer” page on the backend.

Thanks @lukelee.
I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

The main problem for us currently is not knowing what the trigger of this change is.
Is it just after a certain laps of time even if you don’t do anything?
Thanks for your patience.

Hi @Louis , and yes exactly, as sometimes it will just redirect me to the wrong template, when I come back and start working on the website again. (Like after a night), so I’m not exactly sure how it triggered.

I will look closely on this whenever it happened again, as I believe there were some console log when this happens.

Hi @lukelee,

Thanks for the details.
We are still investigating the issue as we cannot reproduce it on our side.
I have my doubts, but do believe it might have something to do with accessing the Themer, even if simply using it to edit a template.

Thanks for your patience and apologies for the trouble.