Tailwind styles applied within template are not displayed on the frontend when saving a post


When editing and saving a post, this can temporarily remove tailwind styles that were applied to the posts template. Resaving the template re-adds the styles.

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

Please write the steps needed to reproduce the bug.

  1. Create a Single Item: Post template and add appropriate visibility conditions so it shows for all single posts
  2. Add some blocks to it styled with Tailwind (such as font colours and background colours)
  3. Create a post and add some content to it
  4. Publish the post
  5. Note that on the frontend the tailwind styles have disappeared
  6. Edit and resave the template
  7. Note that on the frontend the tailwind styles have reappeared

This is repeatable ad infinitum.

Environment info

  • WordPress version: 6.4.3
  • Cwicly Plugin version:

Hello @StrangeTech,

Thanks for the report.

I suppose this happens when you have multiple tabs open or are working with a team.

As Cwicly only generates necessary Tailwind classes, an instance of Cwicly will not be aware of the new necessary classes that might have been added in another instance (a refresh would fix this).

I’ll leave this a confirmed, but it will require a more advanced fix.

A quick Tailwind purge should fix this if it happens.


Hello @Louis,

Thank you for responding.

I see, I thought perhaps the Tailwind classes would be included in the Cwicly heartbeat checks similarly to how other Cwicly classes are.

Our concern is not necessarily multiple editors within our team but for when clients update the site.

The Tailwind styles being removed every time they add or edit a post would obviously not be a feasible workflow.

Hello @StrangeTech,

This isn’t the case as I described further up, or if you are experiencing this, please let me know how to reproduce it.


@Louis, This is happening on one of our sites exactly as described in the original post.

I have tried to replicate it with other sites and it doesn’t happen.

We will do some more investigation to try to isolate what the difference is.

Hi @Louis, I have sent access details to the Cwicly Support email. We were not able to reproduce it on another site, but it is a very prominent issue on the site we are experiencing it with.

To reproduce, first simply purge the Tailwind styles and confirm they are being added, then edit any post and note that they are removed until you purge again.

@Araminta, Confirming that based on our testing this appears to be fixed with

Thank you to the Cwicly team for your quick response and fix.

Hello @StrangeTech,

Thanks for confirming this, much appreciated.

Moving to Fixed Bugs.

If you experience trouble with the same kind of issue down the line, please don’t hesitate to let us know by replying to this thread.


@Louis & @Araminta, Unfortunately upon further development, this is still occurring, intermittently with the latest Cwicly version.

Hello @StrangeTech,

I’m sorry to hear this.

Are you able to reproduce a consistent pattern of problems? Is this still linked to colours styles or more generalised?

Moving back to Bugs.


Yes @Louis, definitely the same issue parameters as before.

It is not clear what caused it to re-occur, we were editing a large amount of posts and at some point during that process we noticed it had happened again.

Purging the Tailwind cache is a temporary respite.

If we uncover any more useful information on the trigger I will let you know ASAP.

1 Like

@Louis The issue has recurred specifically for the header and footer and purging the tailwind cache no longer resolves it.

I am sending access details so you can see exactly what is going on.

I’m wondering if it could have something to do with switching between Tailwind and non-Tailwind mode and adding global classes for blocks that also have Tailwind classes. That is pure conjecture at the moment.

Thank you for providing access again, @StrangeTech!

As mentioned by email, this issue is related to Shell styles being removed on the frontend following a regeneration.
A save of the page restores these styles as expected.

Rest assured, we’ll have a fix as soon as possible.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Tested with 1.4.1 and no issues so far, this can be marked as Fixed Bugs.

Thank you @Araminta and @Louis, this would have held up the final styling and theming for a couple of websites, so it is a very timely fix.

1 Like

Hello @StrangeTech,

Thanks for the report once again and confirming it now works on your end.
If you do run into any similar trouble, please don’t hesitate to reply to this thread.