Table of Contents, Reading Bar and Reading Time

From old feedback: Table of Contents, Reading Bar and Reading Time | Cwicly

For blog or wiki posts I would like to have a:

• Table of Contents (TOC)
  • Reading Progress Bar
  • Reading Time

A Table of Content block that is already very powerful can be found in Kadence Blocks, for example: https://www.kadencewp.com/kadence-blocks/table-of-…

4 Likes

Any update on this feature.

Hi @yogi,

It is planned, but we are prioritising most voted options first.

Thanks.

1 Like

Looking forward to the Table of Contents element as well. It’d be the last element I need to fully replace Kadence.

+1 on table of contents!

• 1 would also appreciate this

We have a project starting next week that requires a sticky table of contents that highlights the heading/anchor closest to the scrolled position in the post.

Please can you let us know whether this will be a supported use case for the Cwicly Table of Contents and if so, whether it is realistic to expect this to be available in the next 1-2 weeks.

The table of content is useful for my site because it needs it, as I have a blog there.

1 Like

Due to the time constraints we used a 3rd party block (Kadence ToC), which works well with Cwicly.

It will be good to be able to do it within Cwicly going forward and in the meantime it is good to know there is at least a working compatible option.

how is this Table of contents amazing function now?

Hi,

My two cents for displaying reading time, which is pretty immediate with a code block or shortcode:

define( "WORDS_PER_MINUTE", 225 );
$word_count = str_word_count( strip_tags( get_the_content() ) );
$time = ceil( $word_count / WORDS_PER_MINUTE );
echo $time . ' minute' . ( $time > 1 ? 's' : '' );

We are using the same approach and it works very well.

1 Like

I’ll also add that Cwicly blocks that support dynamic content allow you to add a Read Time value (you can specify selectors, words per minute and seconds per image.

Cheers,

may i ask when can this block be lucnhed?

This would be a nice feature. I hope at some point it comes about.

Yeah, my client saw this on the roadmap https://roadmap.cwicly.com/ and wants to use it on their site (they assumed it would be in the next release). So now there’s a lot of waiting and hoping it comes soon.

1 Like