Table of Content

Hi, im aware this is on the roadmap (since april 22 i think).

my question is: i dont want to install plugins. has anyone used any other solutions to do one in cwicly? or else we need to custom html code one?

the other query is:

how would we set up the text. so far in bricks, ive used one rich text element (which has divided heading/paragraph) which in turn was recognised and easily scrolled to in the table of content.

has anyone done anything different (its for a policies page)

Hi @Spipov,

I understand you don’t want to use plugins, we also strive to avoid extra ones but we ended up using one with only the ToC block enabled:

You can replicate this with custom code, but as the Cwicly ToC block is likely to be released some time this year, it may be easier to temporarily use the Kadence block until the Cwicly one is ready.

@Spipov i built specific components that can be repeated for the content, styled H2 and paragraph text/optional list below it for example, with an optional ID field. I then built a block for the TOC and anchor linked each component. I hate adding plugins. It’s not ideal but works.

@hopscotch, Great that you created a custom solution.

We used the Kadence plugin because we needed to have the ToC items highlighted depending on the scroll position of the page, we could have made our own version but since that feature was already available and it worked, it was a reasonable compromise to use their block.

It’s a handy plug-in indeed. Time is money :wink:

I’m using this:

You can customise it for any object