Submenu icons are not displayed

The submenu icons do not appear on the editor screen or on the front end when set.

Environment info

• WordPress version: 5.9.3
  • Gutenberg Plugin version: -
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.1.4
  • Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3

Hi @Takeru,

Apologies for the trouble.

I’m not able to reproduce this on my side. Have you set an icon size in the sub menu items panel?

Yes, it is set at 14px.
The submenu icons do not appear in the original header, nor in the imported Navigation template from Cwicly.

Ok thanks.
And your sub menu item does contain itself post/page items?
Icons only apply to items with children, just making sure we tick every box.

Sorry, I was mistaken.
I thought that icons could be placed even when there are no submenus child menus.
I would like to have the arrow icon appear and animate on hover, for example, even if there are no child menus.
Is there a way to do this?
Do I have to manually use a modal or something else rather than as a menu?

I am hoping for a design like the header menu on this site.

Hey @Takeru.

This design is actually pretty easily to achieve with Cwicly, using div blocks instead of the menu block.
The menu block covers all basics in a pretty decent way but if you want to achieve something more advanced, it can get limitied - depending on what you have in mind.

Cwicly v1.3 (released 5 days ago) also introduced custom tags, such as <ul> and <li> which makes it now possible to create such submenus in a correct semantic way.

You can get some more info about potential improvements regarding the menu block here:

In case you have some specific things in mind, I think any opinion is appreciated to let the team know what users actually need.

1 Like

I understand. @Marius Thanks.:+1: