Cwicly Plugin version: 188.8.131.52.1
It seems there’s a bad string substitution in my variable names coming from Cwicly stylesheets:
“body” has been replaced by “.editor-styles-wrapper”
This subsitution should only apply to “body” strings contained in selectors, and only when it is the real body (for instance, not “.something-body”).
I think that’s something Gutenberg does out of the box. The editor-styles stuff is not directly related to cwicly, unfortunately it comes from the block editor itself!
That’s what I thought too, but I found a code to inject my CSS with wp hooks, and only the selector is altered, not the variable name:
I’m not sure, though, that the script I found is 100% respectful of CSS injection in editor, since it is kind of a hack, even if it appears to use hooks properly.
Source: Dynamic editor styles and inline CSS without targetting `.editor-styles-wrapper` · Issue #18571 · WordPress/gutenberg · GitHub
Thank you very much for the report.
This is indeed a substitution that is done by Cwicly on the backend to make sure that default Gutenberg styles don’t override styles you might apply with a global stylesheet.
I can confirm there is an issue with the current implementation. We should have a fix in the next update.
Thanks for taking the time with the screenshots, much appreciated.
Awesome!!! Do you sleep sometimes?
I’ve never met such a reactive developper
By the way, after a few hours of testing, I must admit Cwicly is HUGE.
Coming from other builders, there are so many details that make it better, this is some serious job!
And so less bugs
Congratulations to the whole team
So, regarding the CSS issue, there is also some weird duplicate selectors:
Thanks for that @yankiara, means a lot!!
I’ve been meaning to revisit these as the function does date back a bit…
Thanks for pointing it out
After working a fews minutes on a SCSS stylesheet, my browser (Brave) tab freezes, then crashes.
Thanks again for the report on this one.
This should now be fixed in 184.108.40.206.3 with a reworked rule parser which should also fix the duplicate selectors.
If you still encounter an issue with this, I’d be grateful if you could let me know.