Slider navigation does not work on tablet breakpoints

Description:

While viewing the slider in tablet mode, clicking on the left/right arrows or the navigation dots yields no result.

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

1. Open the Post Editor/Site Editor
  2. Add a Slider
  3. Add multiple slides
  4. Set number of slides per page to 1 (optional)
  5. View in tablet mode (e.g. responsive view in the browser)
  6. Click on the navigation dot, navigation arrow or swipe.

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.1.1
  • Gutenberg Plugin version: -
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.2.9.5.2
  • Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3

Hello @StrangeTech,

Thanks for the report.
I’m currently not able to reproduce this on my side.

Could you possibly let me know if there are any errors appearing in the browser console?
Is there more than 1 slider on your page?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @Louis,

There are no errors in the browser console and there is only 1 slider on the page.

I will create a minimal test case as soon as I have time to help isolate the cause.

Thanks.

1 Like

@Louis, we isolated the issue. It is not a bug per se, more of a usability consideration.

Effectively, when setting the Per View setting, somehow the Tablet breakpoint was set to 0 instead of 1.

While it may be a temporary lack of imagination on my part, I can’t at this moment think of any good use case for having less than 1, so perhaps this can be validated in the UI to 1 or more to prevent this from occurring?

If there is a good reason not to do that, then this bug can be moved to General, as the original issue as stated is resolved.

There is a related issue to this.

Randomly (with some unknown trigger/cause), the tablet breakpoint will display 2 slides instead of 1, even though it is supposed to inherit the value of 1 from the desktop breakpoint.

Explicitly setting the value to 1 resolves the issue, but it is definitely something worth investigating.

Hello @StrangeTech,

Indeed, you are correct in assuming that we automatically set the tablet slides to 2 and the mobile slides per page to 1.

Thanks for bringing this up.

We’ll issue a fix for this in the next update so that these automatisms aren’t applied if the number of slides per page is greater than the previous viewport setting.

Cheers,

Hello @StrangeTech,

This should be addressed in 1.2.9.5.7.

If you have any remarks or queries, please don’t hesitate.

Cheers,