Site periodically renders without any styling after small change to template

This happens for me approximately once an hour while I am working on template design.

Everything will be rendering fine on the live site, I will make a very small change in the template (never the same thing as far as I can tell) - I refresh my page to see my change and pretty much all styling and images are stripped (screenshot attached).

I regenerate my blocks HTML and CSS but that does not fix the issue. It seems that only time can bring back the page design (which is very stressful when making quick changes to a live site). As I am typing this, after already regenerating my HTML and CSS with no success, the page design is back.

This may sound like a small issue but it compounds greatly when it happens minimum once an hour.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Insert Images, Videos or GIFs

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.1.1
  • Gutenberg Plugin version: -
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.2.9.4.7
  • Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3

I had quite the same issue. It was due to some kind of server cachce plugins.

1 Like

Ok, good to know @petrbilek , how did you fix the issue? Did you just turn off the caching or did you modify the settings?

I have turned it off. No needed with quickly actualy.

Hmmmm, I am not sure I would actually call that a fix. @Louis is there anything you can do on your end to deal with this issue?

Hello @smontreuil,

I’m sorry for not getting back earlier on this one.
On top of that I understand this has been troubling you for a bit, my apologies for that.

What you describe does seem related to some type of caching/connection issue.

Could you send me by private message here (or at louis@cwicly.com) a link to a potentially culprit page, and ping me whenever this does happen so I can see what’s happening on the frontend?
I know this isn’t ideal, and do apologise again for the inconvenience.

I can but by the time you get to the page the issue will be fixed as I am also convinced that the issue is caching-related. How about I pull a screengrab of it happening? I will just turn on my screen recorder when I start working and wait until it happens then clip out the section with the issue occurring and send that to you. Does that help at all?

Hi @smontreuil,

I understand.
Unfortunately this does need specific debugging for me to rule out possible problems.
If you do have time, sending me a quick email should allow me to see the issue before its fixed.

Do you know if this happens to the template styling only, or to all stylesheets?

Do you know if this happens to the template styling only, or to all stylesheets?

I am not sure how to ascertain this.