Repeater block in mode slider error while changing sizes layout

Hi there,

this one might be a bit tricky as I haven’t been able to find the exact way to reproduce it, or actually seems to possibly happen in multiple ways.

In the repeater block set as a slider in direction vertical, when changing the layout height/width back and forth, changing the unit, activating the auto height and auto width and disactivating it…
While I can not show the exact case when this happens, it keeps happening a different unexpected moments, at some point, after changing one of the layout values, the Block displays “This block has encountered an error and cannot be previewed.” and there is no other way I found to solve that issue than deleting the block and starting over. The frustrating part is, it doesn’t happen just at the beginning but when you are fine tuning your layout in order to finish it…
Oh also, this happened as the repeater/slider was set as a navigation for another slider.

I hope you’ll find the way to reproduce it…

Thank you,

J

1 Like

Hello @JuGa,

Thanks for the report.
I’m sorry this is happening as I can imagine it’s very frustrating to have to start all over again as there is no way to retrieve once crashed (even with an Editor refresh).

I did experience this issue while we were adding the dynamic slider feature, but thought we had it fixed as we couldn’t reproduce it anymore.
The little hints are great, so thank you for that. Will try to get a fix out as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience on this one!

1 Like

Hello @JuGa,

We have implemented in 1.2.9.4.3 a fix for the height and fixed height values so that they can’t be reset/modified so easily to prevent the block from crashing.

If this specific behaviour does reproduce itself after this update, I’d be grateful if you could let me know by replying to this thread so we can address it as soon as possible.

Cheers,

1 Like