Quick Code quirks

I just wanted to point out some bugs and inconsistencies when using the Quick Code feature.
In its current state, it’s a bit fiddly and a lot of efficiently gets lost.

1. Clicking the CSS property in the code editor doesn’t send me to the corresponding GUI area anymore

2. The flex-wrap property isn’t working

3. There are inconsistencies and issues when using shorthands

• Margin/Padding perfectly adapts:

• Border splits to its dedicated properties:

• Outline doesn’t work at all:

QC Outline Demo

4. While box-shadow automatically transfers the values to the free-form field, transition for example uses the dedicated form inputs

QC Box-Shadow vs Transition
    While a consistent behavior is needed, some global setting could be considered, like including it in the already existing free-form rule (or even refining it), as the free-from setting currently only respects Relative Styling.
    But that’s rather a general thing than a Quick Code one.

5. There are quite a few issues with the transform property, which are related to shorthands and the toggle (once un-toggled). A bit of playing around should expose them. I can record a small video if you wish or not reproduceable.

6. Issues with removing/updating values in the code editor. I’ve seen that a lot, best reproduceable with filter, transform, etc.

Not everything might be bugs, but at least a bit streamlining is required imo.
In best case, it should be possible to copy/paste a CSS snippet from anywhere to the code editor and it shouldn’t play any role how the CSS is written.

I always felt a bit torn when I used Quick Code because it never worked reliably for me.
The upcoming list view for applied CSS properties will be a big plus to double check things in real time, without the necessity to navigate (or click the property in the code editor) to the applicable area every time.

3 Likes

Hello @Marius,

Thanks for the incredible write up here, much appreciated.

There are quirks that need addressing, as well as bugs and standardisation missing.

Once we have finished our work on the design panel, global styles and Themer, I’ll be taking a much closer look and addressing all of these bugs and experience troublemakers.

1 Like