Query Filter Deselect/Toggle Makes Browser Unresponsive

After setting up query filter for both normal blog post and custom post types, I noticed when the page loads, filter seems to work fine but after selecting a filter and you click it a second time to deselect the filter, the whole page freezes up and the browser becomes unresponsive. I have shared a recording to show what i’m experiencing.

• Local Installation
  • WordPress version: 6.3
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.2.9.9.2

Hi @zagency,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing trouble with this.
Thank you for the screencast!

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this error on my end.

Could you possibly share the frontend link to this page (through PM if you prefer)?
This way I may take a closer look at this.

Additionally, do any errors appear in your browser console log?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @Araminta How do i send a private message please?

You can send a private message by selecting a user’s icon and pushing on the “Message” button.

private-message

Don’t hesitate to let me know if you need any more help with this.

@Araminta I have sent the message

1 Like

Once again thank you for sharing the link, @zagency!

It seems the issue occurs inconsistently.

Do you have a way to reproduce this consistently?
As soon as the issue is consistent, then @Louis will be able to take a closer look at this.

Thank you for your understanding.

@Araminta it currently occurs consistently on the blog page. Once you select a filter, then try to deselect it, the webpage freezes.

If its still happening inconsistently on your end, then i’ll probably do more checks on my end and report back with anything I find.

However please check the blog page one more time. Thank you

1 Like

Don’t want to hijack your topic, but I experienced the same today.

I set up a new CPT etc. Filled it with just two items for design purpose and it also freezed after selecting the filters two till three times.

Because this CPT will contain aprox 150-200 items, I already turned on infinite load. Turned out that was the issue.

Hello zagency,

I have to come back on my previous reply, I thought that it worked but it doesn’t.

I experience the same, build the query from scratch, but after selecting the filter several times, exact the same issue as you.

1 Like

Hi @dennis77,

If you can send me by PM a public link where this is happening, I’ll be able to debug the situation more appropriately.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,