Queries in Cwicly Using ACF Bi-directional Relationships

I am using the Cwicly Theme with Full Site Editing and have encountered a challenge with nested queries and displaying data from ACF bi-directional relationship fields. Here is the situation:

1. Setup: I have two CPTs - Profiles and Design Firms. These CPTs are interlinked through ACF bi-directional relationship fields. Specifically, the field ‘related_design_firms’ in the Profile CPT and ‘related_profiles’ in the Design Firm CPT.
  2. Goal: On a page titled ‘Search Designers’, I’ve set up a primary query block to query Profiles filtered by Designer Type. I am looking to extend this query block to include information from the related Design Firm, such as the firm’s logo.
  3. Issue: While Cwicly supports nested queries, I am uncertain about the correct setup for the secondary query within my Profile Query block to display the related Design Firm logo.

Could you guide me on the proper configuration for this nested query setup? Specifically, I need assistance with:

• Configuring the secondary query to pull data from the ‘related_design_firms’ ACF field.
  • Ensuring the correct data is displayed from the Design Firm CPT, particularly the firm’s logo.

Any examples or step-by-step guidance on achieving this would be greatly appreciated.

Have you seen this topic?

Don’t know if this is what you’re looking for…

Hey yes, thank you i have looked and looked at the doctor examples… but I dont write code and it seems like it is maybe explaining from a coding point of view? The only thing i see are the php code examples. I was hoping someone could walk me through all of the steps. For example I currently have a top level Query and Query Template. When it is suggested to createe a new meta query, is that to say to modify the top level query or add a new one in the area where I want to display the related items on my template inside of the primary QT? And then after I follow those instructions, what esle do i have to do? For this example i am trying to so the related design firm logo, so i have an image field inside of the meta query with the Like part. But what next? Do i then also go to the primary source of the image and set the image source there as well and if so, what do i user for the Settings, specifically location. See my image. Nothing is showing up on the front end with this set up. keep in mind, i am new here this is my first week so some things may seem obvious but I am totally green as far as Cwicly goes not as far as this type of designing or these concepts. I am coming from using, Toolset and the Jet Engine … : ) Thanks so much!!

This seems like a really important feature and common thing that people need to achieve. Are there any videos for this? I learn much better visually. I have watched tons of the cwicly videos but I have yet to see anything in depth on the query and query template with regards to related cpt’s and custom fields in taxonomies. I there something out there like this on a video yet? Thnaks so much.

make sure your image has a height and width or it might not show

Ok cool that was helpful! Now it is filtering correctly on the backend and i see the correct logo per profile! However, no matter what i choose i can not get it to show up on the front end. Is there a trick? I have front end rendering selected and i have tried all of the query template view options, flex, grid inline, list etc… I have also tried setting the wrapper to content and not. the only thing that shows up on th front end are various grid placeholders. I just tried adding a color to the background of the grid placeholder and it indeed is showing up filled with the color but no image. I have Rest set up in ACF and in settings. Unless I am missing something. What settings should i be using for location and object? Thanks so much! I have tried adding the image as a background on the grid item of the query template and as a separte image in a div and outside of a div… using the dynamic see image. Wondering if i shoul dbe doint this at all and if so what settings should i use?

And thank you sooooo much for taking the time to provide me some guidance. I really appreciate it! I also just realized there were other pages associated with the Dr. Example other than the one i was looking at which make a lot of sense… as the one i was looking at seemed like part of a bigger picture. I am walking through all the examples now.

Unfortunatly I am still struggling with this, i posted this new topic yesterday - Assistance Needed: Displaying Related ACF CPTs in Query Template on Front End

are you putting images width and height?

Yep! Do you know if anyone has put together a video of something like this? That would be super helpful. I really struggle with written instructions.

So far i have not been able to get any related image items to show up on a query template or single page template. Not taxonomy Images nor ACF images. I can get them to show up on the back end but nothign on the front end so it leads me to believe it is a setting to do with viability. I have all of the REST turned on (but I also tried turning them all off as well to test). I have front end rendering turned on. I just dont understand why they wont show up on the front end. Could I have some sort of other visibility setting set that I am unaware of? I have tried turning of any other plugins but i dont have many installed anyway, but i have front end admin for ACF so i turned that off to see if it was causing the problem. @Louis

Unless you are specifically enabling the Front-end rendering setting for filtering or some other purpose, you can turn this off and it may make a difference depending on the cause of the issue.

Yep, i have tried all of the normal things, like adding width and height, making sure REST is on on all, and also turning it off to test. I have also disabled all other plugins. Other than quicly. I have also tried front end rendering off and on. I have tried so maby settings and configuraations I am runnig out of options. Just now, i was finally able to get the images from a related post to show up on the front end of a single post template page which was.a first! But Now i cant seem to figure out how to only show the related images. It is a bi-directoinal field. Same scenario as this one, btu this one is on the actual single post template not the query template. But the same concept. So the good news is i got the actual images to show up on the front end finally. But when i start to try different settings isn the query they disappear. It would be cool if someone could tell me the exact settings i need to put in so i can make sure it is not a bug and or get it right. : )

Hi @ShannaKae at this point contacting Cwicly support would be the best solution at support@cwicly.com and provide them admin access.

In case it helps, I showed using a bidirectional relationship in this video:

I am not sure if you saw this message @ShannaKae:

Please try turning off front-end rendering.

Oh Boy! David thank you! Yes this was exactly what I was looking for. Four Full days!!! I was considering having to revert back to Jet or Kadence!!! I didnt want to. Thank you soooooooooo much. I just really struggle with written instructions. Your videos have helped me so much!!!

I’m glad it was helpful. Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you David. Curious have you created a video showing how to add Taxonomy images yet? Example: I have a CPT Called Profiles where I have created a TAX Called Services. For those Services I have added a custom image field in ACF for each service. I am able to get the taxonomy names to show up on both the single page template and the query template, but I can not get the images to show up for the life of me.

Sorry, I haven’t looked at that.