Multisite workflow recommendations

I’m so sorry if this has been addressed somewhere, I couldn’t find it.

I’m trying to figure out the best way to work with a big multisite network. If I create global styles on one of the subsites, those settings are stored in the database, right? How do I apply the same settings (colors, font styles) in the other sites?

I tried using the theme on a local (single) installation, and then using the Create Block Theme plugin which “bakes” Gutenberg user modifications onto the theme files, and so far it works with templates created with Cwicly, but haven’t had luck with the global styles.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hi again! I’m curious what other multisite developers have to say about their process. Anyone want to chime in? Thanks

Hi there, sorry for resurrecting an old post, but I still have the same question. What is the recommended workflow for a multisite? As I said before, the problem is with recreating global styles to other sites on the network. I currently use Wordpress in a multisite configuration with around 60 sites in 3 networks, so it would be great to be able to apply the same global styles to all sites or at least be able to copy/paste them somehow. Maybe the solution is there and I just don’t see it.

@Louis the other day in a stream I asked about replicating created components in a multisite and you said you weren’t very familiar with them. Is there a hacky way I could achieve manually what I need without making you develop full support?

Appreciate any attention to this post, keep up the good work.

Ok, I finally solved it on my end, by developing a very, very rudimentary plugin that just copies the relevant Cwicly options to all the other sites in the multi site network. I’m doing this very naively, without really knowing exactly the right options and just making my best guess.

I’m just copying the following options:

'cwicly_global_classes',
'cwicly_global_stylesheets',
'cwicly_external_classes',
'cwicly_global_styles',
'cwicly_svg_cols',
'cwicly_font_cols',
'cwicly_custom_code',
'cwicly_section_defaults',
'cwicly_global_fonts',
'cwicly_global_interactions',
'cwicly_global_css',
'cwicly_pseudos',
'cwicly_global_css_fonts',
'cwicly_local_fonts',
'cwicly_local_active_fonts'

It appears to work on the little testing I’ve done. I don’t know if I’m missing an option or if I can omit some of them. If it helps someone, I can post the plugin for download.

2 Likes

@luissantander Nice findings. Please share the plugin. Will help multisite users.

1 Like