Multilanguage Websites?

Thanks a lot!
Can I pm you about this?
It would be much appreciated.

J.

I can confirm the same thing from our side, no bugs so far, everything working as expected with Cwicly and WPML.

1 Like

For sure, if I Can help you in a way - but you can also ask your questions public here for any others may encountering similar questions in the future :wink:

1 Like

Well this brings big relief.

I think that i understand how simple posts / pages work.
But what about templates.

In oxygen (from which i am migrating my ecommerce site) I had to copy my templates and translate them manually. So i am trying to figure out what is the best way to approach this.

Also what about components? Do they just work?

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:
For all of your time and effort.

@Louis Could you point me in right direction?
I need to translate components.

I have found setting in wpml settings to make components translatable but i cant figure out where should i translate them.

When i use string translation there are non components parts and automatic translation works too but no components.

Thanks in advance.
John.

How is Polylang support?
(I really hate WPML even with an LTD).

I made some preliminary tests for a work in progress on a fresh install and it was OK (free version).
Iā€™ll start the real thing in a few days so I can give you feedback soon.

1 Like

Sorry I think I missed your question. I didnā€™t find a way to translate them. In my example it was a heading with a query. The query results get translated automatically. The heading was not editable so I duplicated it and created a custom function to check the lang and used it as a condition.

And what about you @StrangeTech ?
Did components work for you with wpml?

@Wolfgang dont worry man :slight_smile: i posted my question in this thread for anybody who has some insight in this matter.

I am in progress of building 3 sites and i need components to work with wpml :smiley: or some other translate plugin.
So far i was able to translate everything but components event tho wpml registeres them as a thing in a settingsā€¦ So IDK for now.

Thanks to you all!! :slight_smile:

Hey one more thing.
i am buying this - TranslatePress Pro | WPFY
It should be life time deal right now.

@JohnySvitana, if I were you, I would really read twice (or thrice) the terms of use of this site before buying anything :wink:

And if I were me, I would just trash it right away.

2 Likes

We havenā€™t used components on our WPML sites yet, as they were in development before components were fully released and polished.

As components are created similarly to synced patterns (reusable blocks), I would imagine they should be translatable, but havenā€™t tested, so I canā€™t confirm at this point.

Thanks for heads up!! :slight_smile: