Metabox Integration

Hi everyone,

I’m also a Meta Box LTD licence owner and, to some degree, I do agree with some previous posts. ACF pro is indeed excellent for the most build cases, and I like it too.

However, when it comes to build more complex websites (e.g. directories, listings etc.) which can potentially grow (very)big, Meta Box with his lightweight approach and extensions gives us much more possibilities and power. To me, the most important and valuable one is by far MB Custom Table, and sometimes also MB Views and MB Blocks.

So, I would really like to see Meta Box fully supported with the option to turn ACF off, if needed. What I mean with “fully supported” is, integrated with dynamic data, queries, filtering & sorting, conditions etc., just like currently ACF is. And of course with support for the most important extensions, like MB Custom Table.
Honestly, would like to see it happen yesterday instead of tomorrow. :wink:

In my opinion, Cwicly with all of its unique tools and the fact, that it adds to the inbuilt wp solutions, instead of overriding them like others do, already is much better than other builders, including Oxygen and Bricks. What it would need at this point of its evolution, is completing the WooCommerce integration (currently Bricks has the edge here) and a better data storage solution than the native one (custom tables) for large websites.
By the way, for what the form plugins are concerned in this context, WS Form also supports working with data within MB Custom Tables.

Anyway, I think that such a combination would be really hard to beat, not only in “wp world”, but also for other cms known for their scalability (like Drupal). And finally, it would also increase selling points for the developers, which can’t hurt, right!? :smiling_face: