Menu block helper not going away

When editing the menu block in the header, the initial menu block instruction window won’t go away after I select my menu. See loom video.

The canvas is getting this weird overlay applied to it everytime I scroll off the canvas. see loom. This happens on medium sized screens like my 16 macbook pro. I stop it from happening by making my screen width wider when using a larger display.

Plugin: Version 1.3.4.7
Theme: Version: 1.0.3
WordPress 6.3.2

As to the menu, I assume you have saved it and reloaded? Have you tried deleting the nav block and then adding the block again? Click the blue button to select your menu. Also maybe regenerating Blocks in Cwicly settings.

As to the overlay issue, I wish you had the Navigator open so I could see the structor. Have you a modal on than Template/Page? If so disable it and see if the issue persists. I never seen anything like that before. Possible interaction as well.

Thanks for your response, Deirdre.

Following up on some of your questions. I have saved and reloaded. I’ve also tried creating a new header from scratch and placing in a new menu item block and it’s doing the same thing. I regenerated all cwicly blocks in settings.

Here is a new loom showing the issue. I made sure to have navigator turned on (not sure why it was off in the last video).

Update regarding the strange overlay.

I think it has something to do with the custom breakpoint I added. I turned off the break point, but it didn’t seem to have an effect.

The obstruction that overlays the canvas appears to be letters. Somewhere in the HTML there is span that says, “Desktop - NaNpx”. H

Here is a loom showing the issue.

(still having same problem with menu block window not appearing properly)

Ok at that breakpoint is the issue. Have you a calc in the width field of that custom breakpoint? I am not curtain that is supported. Only pixels. That would be causing your issue.
<span>Desktop - 1440px</span> for example is my Base.

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 17.39.45

I have 1440px width for the Base breakpoint. You have ‘NANpx * 1px’ in for width for your base breakpoint. I believe that is causing your issue.

1 Like

Hello @mattmiller,

Sorry for the trouble you’re experiencing here.
If possible, it would be great if you could send us temporary access (support@cwicly.com) so that we can take a look at what is happening exactly.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your help, @hopscotch!

Cheers,

1 Like

No worries @Louis hopefully I am on the right path there now :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you @hopscotch and @Louis ,
I sent you temporary access to the site.

Regarding the menu block issue: I’m still have the issue with the menu block. As a temporary work around, I used the Nav block instead. Everything seems to work properly in the nav block.

1 Like

Hello @mattmiller,

Thanks for the access details.
There seems to be an issue with the Menu block and its retrieval process when permalinks are set to plain.

I took the liberty to modify them to a custom structure and that resolves the problem.
We’ll make sure to have this addressed in the next update when plain permalinks are in use.

I wasn’t able to reproduce the overlay issue on the home page. Is this still happening on your end?

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,

Hi @Louis ,

Menu Block:
Thanks so much for your help with the issue I was having with the menu block. Changing the permalinks to a custom structure did the trick.

Overlay issue:
I’m still having an issue with the overlay issue when loading the page on smaller screens. If I load the cwicly page with my browser set to a wider size, I don’t have any issue. However, if I load the a page while viewing on my 16"macbook pro at full width (approx. 1728px) the overlay appears.

Check out this loom video with a demonstration on how i reproduce the issue.

Hi @mattmiller,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

This should now be fixed with 1.4.0.1:

Kindly let me know if this is the case on your end.
Thank you in advance.

Are you still experiencing trouble with this?