Link Wrapper Breaks Columns

Link wrapping is not working at all with columns. The rendering is broken on the frontend.

Please see this video for a reproduction of the issue: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Hello @avunu,

Thanks for mentioning this and sorry for the inconvenience.

Indeed, Columns directly wrapped will break the layout, this is something that was on our list to be removed asap but somehow hasn’t made it yet.

So we do recommend using a Div block with a Link Wrapper directly inside the column block.

I appreciate this is not the ideal solution, but our initial plan for the Columns/Column block might have overlooked this specific point…
We are working on a solution, please bear with.

This should be fixed in the latest 1.1.2 update. Thanks for the report!

Thanks Louis, I appreciate your quick response here, but unfortunately the current implementation of link wrapping columns is still giving issues for me. The columns still resize and reorder themselves on the backend, as displayed in the initial video. I’m using the sub-div solution you reference in the meantime.

Hello @avunu,

I’m sorry you’re still experiencing this problem.
Can you confirm that the Auto Grid property is toggled?
All seems good for me: Screen Recording 2022-05-18 at 16.47.31

In this case, Auto Grid is off. Unless I’m missing something, I believe this is necessary for my custom grid layout.

Thanks for confirming that @avunu.

Then the Div wrapper is necessary since to achieve the custom grid layout, we specifically target the same tags in the Columns block when Auto Grid is off, and this can’t really be changed.
Sorry for the inconvenience!

I was able to use this link wrapper in a different scenario with auto grid on, and can confirm that it works. Thanks!

1 Like