License Transfer

Hi, after designing the website for clients and migrate to their hosting I want to remove my license keys and input my client keys, I am encouraging my clients to purchase Cwicly.

About the licensing concern, I have something to say.

The number of site activation should not be visible on the setting page, and replace the My Account button with a Disconnect instead. So I can disconnect my license from the client’s site and use their own license(if they insist to have a license themselves).

1 Like

Hi there,

You can change the license information by replacing license-data.php at the root of the Cwicly plugin folder. That will automatically refresh the license information.

2 Likes

Hey @Louis
How about the site activation? And also the expiration date of the license. Is it better to hide them from the site? :slight_smile:

If the client uses our license, they don’t need to know how many sites have activated with our Cwicly license and when our license expires.

1 Like

100% Yes I agree. I am also thinking the same.

1 Like

Another agree! This shouldn’t be public knowledge :slight_smile: (especially on the agency plan)

1 Like

Hi @Louis
Any ideas about this?

I removed my client site from my Cwicly dashboard after refreshing license It appeared again in Cwicly dashboard it should not happen like this right? My client purchased his license I had to replace license and email from this file license-data.php

You can just replace the plugin to replace the license.
But didn’t check if any data remain inside the database.

Hi @jornes,

We will be moving our subscription solution to a more direct and controlled one in the coming weeks, so this should also allow our users to manager more specifically whitelists/blacklists. The license key will be used, but we won’t be displaying as much information on the dashboard.

That shouldn’t happen indeed. Make sure to replace the license-data.php file before removing the domain from the Cwicly dashboard.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Now that we have moved to a different processing system, users can now manage whitelists and blacklists directly. Additionally, installations no longer display the number of activations, further streamlining the user experience.

Moving this to done.
If you happen to encounter any issues with the new system, please do not hesitate to let us know by replying to this thread. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks @Araminta This is crucial! I noticed the activation number and expiry date have gone. Great!

1 Like