When adding an excerpt using the dynamic inserter the last word is being removed.
Step-by-step reproduction instructions:
- Open the Site Editor
- Add a template for a post type (e.g. Page)
- Add a paragraph and use the dynamic inserter to add the post excerpt
- Open the Page editor
- Create a page with a page excerpt (having added:
);or equivalent to your website scripts)
- Assign the previously created template to the page you have just created
- Note that when viewing the page in the front end, the last word of the excerpt is always missing
Screenshots, screen recording, code snippet
If you have an excerpt of “One, two, three.” It will show as “One, two”. If you have one as “One, two, three, four.” it will show as “One, two, three”. If you have one as “One …”, it will show as “One”.
- WordPress version: 6,.2.2
- Gutenberg Plugin version: -
- Cwicly Plugin version: 126.96.36.199.1.2
- Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3