Issues with Repeater block and ACF Pro

Description:

When I create an ACF repeater field to be displayed on a page or a template, and I add a Cwicly Repeater block, I get the message “Repeater content not found - Your block is safe, but Cwicly isn’t able to find valid content with the settings provided. Check that your source is appropriate for this block.”

I have a Cwicly license before the ACF Pro agreement change.

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

1. Create a Field Group in ACF Pro for your Repeater field, and add whatever subfields
  2. Go to a page or template, add a Cwicly Repeater block
  3. select the source, the ACF Group, and the ACF Field in the block settings. It makes no difference if you select Location or not
  4. Get the error message and be frustrated

Screenshots, screen recording, code snippet

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.4.3
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.4.0.2

Hi @J4VMC is your ACF field type pointed to the page and are fields/data displaying at the bottom of the page that you have a Repeater? Have you tried Saving and reloading the page?

They’re displaying at the bottom of the relevant pages.

Can we not use repeater blocks on templates?

If this is in a template, make sure that you use the Dynamic Preview feature to select a valid page/post that has the data for the repeater field associated with it.

Else, if it is in a page, ensure the page has the data for the repeater field associated with it.

With Templates that I need something specific I create a ‘Options’ page to enter ACF field data for the relevant CPT for example because you can’t point it to a Template. ACF Options page dynamic data can be linked (dynamically) on any page, post or template on your website.

Is that documented anywhere?

My plan is to create two repeater regions for my landing pages: FAQs, and features & benefits. Then I want to create a template to apply to the landing page taxonomy, which will have these repeater fields in it.

Where is the dynamic preview for the templates? I think I need an eye test because I can’t see it :eyes:

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 16.30.44

All clear - back to 20/20! :smile:

1 Like

I’ll try later and report back

At first glance, thanks to the suggestions of @StrangeTech and @hopscotch it seems to be working, so I’ll close this topic.

2 Likes

Hi @J4VMC,

Sorry to see you experienced trouble with this.
Thank you @hopscotch and @StrangeTech for helping out :slight_smile:

I just wanted to clarify that the reason ACF fields do not appear at the bottom of a template is because ACF is not currently FSE compatible.

So yes, Repeater blocks are usable in templates, provided that you use the Dynamic Preview, so that the repeater has data to show.

I’m glad to hear you managed to sort it out!
Please don’t hesitate to share any more questions on this.

Moving to General.